• Thread starter Thread starter yashleo21
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2,597

yashleo21

Regular
ISP
Reliance Broadband
I'm using Reliance Broadband and I want to block a certain website in a way so that whenever someone tries to access it,domain redirects to 404 error or some other page.As my broadband is connected to wireless router,I cannot block manually on all devices.So far I am using OpenDNS and it has a function to block a domain too but whenver I access the blocked site , it shows a page which reveals that page is blocked by administrator.Is there any alternative so that the user cannot know that the page is blocked? (Don't ask that why do I need to do this 😀 )

(Don't ask that why do I need to do this 😀 )
This 😀On windows, you can edit the hosts file to include whatever domains you want blocked. Just route them to something like 127.0.0.1 and so on. EditAlso, what wireless router do you have? Should have an option to block a website. But with each of these methods, anybody can reverse them.

>> That Mac address thingy is to prevent certain devices from connecting to your network.
Correcto!
I think we can filter websites in Router setting also. Not much sure about it. Check if there is any option like that. :sarcastic: