Unfair billing practice of Idea cellular

• Thread starter Thread starter svkndv
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 6,076

svkndv

ISP
airtel
Since 1999 I have used various service providers, recently switched to idea post paid.
I have opted for 1 GB GPRS package for Rs 125/-. By default idea provided me a credit limit of Rs 1850/-
To my surprise I got call from customer care to make interim payment to avoid termination of outgoing calls as I am about to cross the credit limit.
I have used the calls for maximum of Rs.20/- and my GPRS usage as on today is 135 MB. Then I realized that idea have a practice of calculating the GPRS usage on each kb I use regardless of my usage is less than 20% of allowed 1 GB. The answer I received was this interim payment will be adjusted in next bill.
Who on the world will have such unethical practice to get undeserved money from customer.
Does it means for using 1 GB i need to have to have Rs 3000/- interim payment when my final GPRS usage charges will be less than Rs 125?
Guys advise me what we have to do to stop this unethical practice?

svkndv said:
Since 1992 I have used various service providers, recently switched to idea post paid.
Errm 1992?

svkndv said:
Since 1992 I have used various service providers, recently switched to idea post paid.
I have opted for 1 GB GPRS package for Rs 125/-. By default idea provided me a credit limit of Rs 1850/-
To my surprise I got call from customer care to make interim payment to avoid termination of outgoing calls as I am about to cross the credit limit.
I have used the calls for maximum of Rs.20/- and my GPRS usage as on today is 135 MB. Then I realized that idea have a practice of calculating the GPRS usage on each kb I use regardless of my usage is less than 20% of allowed 1 GB. The answer I received was this interim payment will be adjusted in next bill.
Who on the world will have such unethical practice to get undeserved money from customer.
Does it means for using 1 GB i need to have to have Rs 3000/- interim payment when my final GPRS usage charges will be less than Rs 125?
Guys advise me what we have to do to stop this unethical practice?

Dear Customer,

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. May we request you to reply to us with your complete account details such as Full name, mobile number and alternate contact number.

Regards,
Idea Cellular

ideacellular said:
Dear Customer,

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. May we request you to reply to us with your complete account details such as Full name, mobile number and alternate contact number.

Regards,
Idea Cellular
Thanks for the reply, I have sent you a message with my fullname and mobile number
Navjot Singh said:
Errm 1992?
Sorry it was a mistake 1999 is correct

Dear Customer,
We tried to call you but the contact could not be established. Kindly confirm your alternate contact number so that the concern can be resolved to the best of your satisfaction.
Regards,
Idea Cellular

ideacellular said:
Dear Customer,
We tried to call you but the contact could not be established. Kindly confirm your alternate contact number so that the concern can be resolved to the best of your satisfaction.
Regards,
Idea Cellular
I have sent a new message with all alternate numbers.
Interesting to know that even idea have problem to call idea number.. :numbness:

Until now no action taken or a call with the intention of resolving customer problem by Idea cellular.
Idea forced me to pay Rs- 500 before billing. Now bill has generated and my bill was less than 500, so remaining amount is left with idea.
I am planning to go-to consumer court, it is not because the amount, it is because this is unfair and corrupt practice. In addition I want to let the people know what !dea Kumar mangalam Birla and his have in store,.

x720 said:
Ideally, even if you don't pay up, they don't do anything. Their billing system is weird.
But they called me many times and informed they are going to disconnect outgoing services...

They can't do squat! Back when I'd got Idea, I'd regularly "cross" my credit limit, and the calls would follow. I refused to pay up, they stopped bothering me. In any case, their email id care.@idea.adityabirla.co.in is pretty helpful.

Using idea for about 9 years i guess!!Except for that billing system everything is great...My credit limit is 35500/-

Now
volcano619 said:
Using idea for about 9 years i guess!!Except for that billing system everything is great...My credit limit is 35500/-
Lucky you!
Now instead of helping me with their faulty billing they reduced credit limit from 1850 to less than 1300.
I do not know how the recruitment process work in this company..

svkndv said:
Now

Lucky you!
Now instead of helping me with their faulty billing they reduced credit limit from 1850 to less than 1300.
I do not know how the recruitment process work in this company..
I started getting quota of this month's message. Begging for paying additional amount for data I am entitled to use otherwise.
Useless customer service and brainless people

minimum duration between port is 3 months. Second month is running now. So I need to fight it out and warn people who are porting to idea