• Thread starter Thread starter max
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2,808

max

Regulars
ISP
MTNL
Nothing much to say. I live in a very cool neighbourhood. Could call it a posh locality but I've been waiting for Airtel broadband for past 1 year. This is pathetic considering that Airtel has laid its cables for a long long time and yet it just can't wireup our building. I spoke to the "area manager" or someone of Airtel and they just dont have any answer. In the past 1 year they have probably managed to setup their services in about 2 buildings. One is a semi commercial complex while the other is a residential building. As I understand the trenching and everything is complete for the entire neighbourhood for the past 1.5 years and they just have to wire up the buildings.Is this how Airtel's going to treat people? I mean whenever I called up their helpline their executives are amazed and embarrased that I have a 1 yr old token no. Last time I called up the CC exec who picked up my call was so embarrased that she gave me a new no. :huh: Considering Airtel is a private company they should really setup their network real quick.Its worth mentioning that Airtel has been servicing SOME buildings in our area for more than 2 years now and they are still "aggressively" expanding their services. I was so frustrated by both Airtel and my old ISP that finally I went in for the MTNL NU package and might I mention that their service is awesome.I still am hopeful that I will get a Airtel BB connection. The only attraction is the pure unlimited 256Kbps connection. If not then, I guess by the time Airtel setups its shop here MTNL would've launched 256Kbps pure unlimited packages and 512Kbps NU packages. And once Airtel loses its customers to MTNL I dont think there is anything that Airtel might offer that may lure away the customers to them 'cause the fact of the matter is:1. MTNL land line exists in almost all homes2. Speeds are 100% as promised3. CC is quite efficient at solving problems ( well maybe not s/w ones but they're gr8 at replacing the modems etc... )4. Cost wise nothing beats them5. People are reluctant to get a new landline connection just for a internet connection.This post is intended to be an informative one and not that needs any kind of discussion. I mean theres nothing there to discuss. It just goes to show that now-a-days government run PSUs are far more aggressive and efficient at executing things than even corporate giants like Airtel or Reliance ( broadnet anyone? 😛 ).Airtel buddie whats your take on this? Can you help me in anyway?

What do you mean by "pure" unlimited connections and why isn't MTNL a pure unlimited connection?

Well MAX Bro, as i have mentione 1 thing repeatedly in some of my previous threads, that Airtel do not provide connectivity outside the radius of 2-3 KMS of their DSLAM/RSU coz in that case, the users will face the problems of slow browsing/frequent disconnection/intermittent connection failure/increased SNR.. maybe thats why the connection is not available in UR building..U won't believe that i'm an OLD Airtel employee & waiting for the broadband connection from airtel to be installed at my place as that area is also not having the airtel connectivity. but there is a PCO + Cyber cafe not more than 100 MT. far from my house & he's having the airtel broadband cyber cafe plan & running fine.. when i checked for the above mentioned fact, i came to know that my location is situated approx. 2Kms 800 Mts. far from RSU.. thats why they are not givin the connectivity in my location because in that case, i will experience the above mentioned problems..my friend, thats the only reason they are not providing the connection in ur locality because if they will provide the connectivity, they will get dissatisfied customers only. & no company want dissatisfied customwers in this world of competition.

That sounds about right, there is a maximum distance with ADSL after which attenuation screws things up.A DSLAM must take up a certain amount of space and Airtel would would need rent out a place for the installation. So this is what Airtel were trying to do in his bulding or one nearby, but the building commitee voted against it. Out of curiousity, how much space would a DSLAM occupy ?..since u being a Level2 Airtel employee.

vebmetal, we are the unfortunate of the lot! 🙁Airtel buddie, well I know for sure that the building right across my building ( which is like 20-30Mts ) from my place has awesome connectivity. What you're saying might be true but then these area managers should spell it out clearly naa? And how is it that customers are kept waiting for like 2 years without any proper info? This is my contention.blr_p, I guess so...! 🙂