• Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 7,881
  • Tags Tags
    5g

DNA_Uncut

Regular
ISP
BSNL Broadband
New technology will eventually allow users to download an entire movie in one second

Samsung Electronics said on Monday it had successfully tested super-fast fifth-generation (5G) wireless technology that would eventually allow users to download an entire movie in one second.

The South Korean giant said the test had witnessed data transmission of more than one gigabyte per second over a distance of two kilometres.

The new technology, which will not be ready for the commercial market before 2020 at the earliest, would offer transmitting speeds “up to several hundred times faster” than existing 4G networks, it said in a statement.

That will permit users to “transmit massive data files, including high quality digital movies practically without limitation”, it said.

“As a result, subscribers will be able to enjoy a wide range of services such as 3D movies and games, real-time streaming of ultra high-definition (UHD) content, and remote medical services,” it added.

Samsung said it had found a way to harness millimeter-wave bands which have proved to be a sticking point for the mobile industry to date.

The test used 64 antenna elements, which the tech titan said overcame the issue of “unfavourable propagation characteristics” that have prevented data travelling across long distances using the bands.

One of the most wired countries on earth, South Korea already has around 20 million 4G users.
Link

I am yet to see daylight of 3G speeds.

I have used 4G and it is very fast. Airtel introduced it in Chandigarh region a while back.It was fast as it is one of the fastest conn. we can get here. No FTTH here , but tariffs are high. I am waiting Mukesh Ambani to roll out 4G with sensible tarrifs!

fiberguy said:
I have used 4G and it is very fast. Airtel introduced it in Chandigarh region a while back.It was fast as it is one of the fastest conn. we can get here. No FTTH here , but tariffs are high. I am waiting Mukesh Ambani to roll out 4G with sensible tarrifs!
Dude, that 4G is worthless. Since you can't use on Mobile phone whats its purpose? Although it seems ok to charge customers high for mobile data but Airtel 4G ? No way that is consider as a broadband but you are just paying a way too for same data.15-30GB FUP is really make me laugh hard. TRAI must make a policy of free domestic data transfer if there are not going to innovate anything. That way we would be able to get more bandwidth atleast on our indian servers.

At least the technology is evolving, some hopes for the future. I strongly believe Wireless technologies like these will be the game changer in part of India where wired penetration is either missing or minimal
"Something is better than nothing"

Hope they give at least 3G in India at affordable rates. No sense of 5G if the speeds and prices are sh!t as in India.

I'm yet to see the 4g and 3g available at affordable prices and much network coverage.

shoeb said:
I'm yet to see the 4g and 3g available at affordable prices and much network coverage.
Nope, nothing can be done. Our Indian company's are able to do anything but exchange rate is killing us.