Lan Connected Always ! ! !

atuldd

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Nov 14, 2006
even after disconnecting my MTNL TRIBAND connection, icon of LAN connected is present in system tray ..... which makes further connection difficult ........ i have 2 restart my pc ........anybody experiencing same problem ............. whot 2 do 2 avoid such thing ???? which process 2 kill in Task Manager ???any solution ...............

arnav_ch

Regulars
Regulars
Apr 24, 2006
the icon will show.i assume that u are using win xp and connecting throughj bridge mode, then u can go to network connection properties, then to local area connection properties, then uncheck the option show icon in notification area when connected.this will solve ur problem.

atuldd

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Nov 14, 2006
no no ........ u didnt get it ........if i try ur way ....... icon will dissa;ppear bt further connection wont b possible .......... i dont know Y this happens ......

smartbuddy_82

Regulars
Regulars
Dec 4, 2005
If you are using Bridge mode then what Arnav suggested is the right solution.To reconnect u can keep a shortcut of the connection on ur desktop and then click on it and click connect and u should be connected again, same procedure you used to connect and disconnect in old Dial Up days...

arnav_ch

Regulars
Regulars
Apr 24, 2006
first of all, are u connecting through which mode.is it bridge mode.if yes,then please place the shorcut of the connection at the desktop.if no, then it means that u are directly connecting through router so please tell which router, also are u using XP.please tell maybe u can try to solve ur problem.which error does it give when u try to reconnect. if possible please post screenhot.