Is Hathway Good

• Thread starter Thread starter zahirsayed
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 17,770
Not sure about Mumbai. However , if you specifically ask about a plan , they will tell you about it. Here too they never advertised it, it was only on me asking specifically about such plans to the customer service rep that I got to know of these plans.

these packages are there in Mumbai too.i had taken the 3gb for 3 mths pack, finished it in 2 mths, so now gone for 7gb in 6 mths plan.great package. only problem is upload is slow. can't upload more than 54 mb per hour (ie around 15-16 Kbps) which is a problem if u r a star releaser on torrents 🙂

QUOTE(magnet @ Dec 7 2006, 11:30 PM) [snapback]70457[/snapback]
i would say if airtel is in your area get that...since airtel ppl get same upload speed..........and also on public holidays and night time they double the speed.....which never happens in hathway..also upload is half the download speed that too is not simulatneous........in short its a trade off plan[/b]
I would echo this as well, from reading posts here about Hathway, i would not recommend them at all, unless you are stuck with them being the only provider in your area.

QUOTE(blr_p @ Mar 10 2007, 01:17 PM) [snapback]82807[/snapback]
I
hey i have hatway 512kbs blastt !! its ossum dude !! but i have a doubt on sundays is it unlimited for the whole day r is it unlimited from 11 - 9am .[/b]

hey i have hatway 512kbs blastt !! its ossum dude !! but i have a doubt on sundays is it unlimited for the whole day r is it unlimited from 11 - 9am

Do yourself a favour and go with some other ISP. their CC sucks. Their 'escalation department' sucks more. I'm currently a Hathway user looking around some other ISPs. The speeds are damn low. When you have a problem you have to call them a no. of times before you get any response from them. The last 2 months have been the worst for me. I spent over Rs450 in telephone charges in talking to hathway! And no- I didnt have a tech support guy helping me over the phone. I kept calling them because I was not getting any response to my problems. Everytime I called I was tossed around (transferred) from 1 guy to another. No matter what i said i could never get the same person twice...Each and eveytime a new person used to finally assure me 'sir- aaj shaam tak pucca koi aapke ghar aayega'...

Hathway provides the worst internet service in Ameerpet, Hyderabad area. I've taken a connection from them this month and the sales guy had promised connection by the evening but it was five days before the connection was made.The worst thing about their service is the call center. The people at the call center (especially those who give their names as Rakesh and Rekha) do not log a complaint at all and give a non-existent complaint number to us. Next time you refer that number the executives say it does not exist and imply we are lying to them. The guy who said he was Rakesh even denied talking to me.Right now I am facing a problem with browsing the site Wikipedia and its been 13 days since I gave my first complaint. Calling a call center does not fetch any results at all. And if you email their help desk there will be an immediate response from the heedless technical department who make the call just to close the complaint that is automatically logged by your email.I've emailed five times so far and each time their response is the same - A guy from technical department calls and pretends he is listening out our problem for the first time and then he says he will get back to us within sometime. They never call back. For the next email, a new guy from the tech department calls.Call center is even worse like I said before. And further they have only one number to give us and most of the time that number is engaged.Those who felt this information is useful, please let me email of more forums where I can post this matter. I do not want more people to be cheated by these guys.

hey deadmanswill,we know u r unhappy with hathway but u r not suposed to triple post.u have posted the same post on 3 threads.

i so agree with you man.........:wall:.........am switching to relience.......these guys are big cheaters.......the sales n marketing guy stoped talkin to me cause i abused the F*** outta him......he doesnt even attend my calls now......and the call center as u said.......is just the same in BOMBAY....hathway all over india suxxxxxx........dont pay these guys and switch to another connection.........HATHWAY HAS THE WORST INTERNET I HAVE EVER SEEN...... i HAVE EVEN USED PACENET N ITS MUCH BETTER THAN HATHWAY....I THOUGHT PACENET USED TO BE BAD..........BUT HATHWAY IS UGLY....THE 1:8 RATIO IS NOT KNOWN TO HATHWAY.........THEY BELIEVE IN THE 1:32 RATIO........THATS HOW THEY CALCULATE IT I WOULD SAY....GUYS PLEASE DONT EVEN THINK OF TAKING HATHWAY......ITS LIKE THROWING AWAY YOUR MONEY FOR NOTHING.....:madness:

HATHWAY HAS THE WORST INTERNET I HAVE EVER SEEN...... i HAVE EVEN USED PACENET N ITS MUCH BETTER THAN HATHWAY....I THOUGHT PACENET USED TO BE BAD..........BUT HATHWAY IS UGLY....THE 1:8 RATIO IS NOT KNOWN TO HATHWAY.........THEY BELIEVE IN THE 1:32 RATIO........THATS HOW THEY CALCULATE IT I WOULD SAY....GUYS PLEASE DONT EVEN THINK OF TAKING HATHWAY......ITS LIKE THROWING AWAY YOUR MONEY FOR NOTHING.
i suggest u not to use caps.
i suppose u will get a warning from Sushubh in some time.

hey deadmanswill,
we know u r unhappy with hathway but u r not suposed to triple post.
u have posted the same post on 3 threads.

Sorry 'bout that🙂

See my posting. If you are in Bangalore then please don't take hathway their service is pathetic. You are better off with dial-up connection from VSNL.

The catch with this plan is that they tamper with your usage if you have used it excessively in the night. An if you cross the day limit, the internet does not work in the night as well. You can check this with Hathway themselves.They did this to me and i have been with hathway for 2 years now.