• Thread starter Thread starter rsatbf
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 13,754

rsatbf

Regular
ISP
BSNL
Guys, I get a number of very annoying calls, I guess because of calling for services from information sites like Justdial etc
I got 6 calls from some Sairam Finance today, continously, though I was disconnecting the call. I have now decided to take revenge by registering those numbers on all sites like Airtel, Reliance, HDFC Credit Card, Loan application sites etc, so that they get a taste of their own medicine... It is extremely frustrating to get such calls though I have registered in the DND years back.

Do you get calls from numbers starting with 1409 ?
I used to receive lot of calls from 1409 numbers but after registering for DND i stopped receiving calls from these numbers.

I am getting a lot of calls from cell phone numbers now, guess they buy prepaid cards and then throw them away. Lots of connections start with 50 rs free talk time etc. I know guys who have taken some 20-30 such sims due to this...
https://i.imgur.com/PljR6YO.jpg

I did same. Registered that spam callers number on all Insurance, Loans, Travel, and even on DTH websites. Not sure though how many calls they received 😀

This is the 8th recorded message I have received from some company selling home security system. I always hang up before it is finished. When calling the number back to see who the company is you will get another recorded message which says that if you want to opt out of the calls you can. I did as instructed but now I have received the 8th call.

I don't know how to deal with these callers anymore. I've read similar consumer complaints posted at Callercenter and I think this problem with the telemarketers has gone out of hand.

rsatbf said:
Guys, I get a number of very annoying calls, I guess because of calling for services from information sites like Justdial etcI got 6 calls from some Sairam Finance today, continously, though I was disconnecting the call. I have now decided to take revenge by registering those numbers on all sites like Airtel, Reliance, HDFC Credit Card, Loan application sites etc, so that they get a taste of their own medicine... It is extremely frustrating to get such calls though I have registered in the DND years back.
This is a great idea. Will try it. 😀

Before registering for DND, i used to get lot of calls from 1409 numbers. But then if i was at home, i would start doing timepass with the caller. I would tell them that i am salesman of Chinese slimming tea and slim sauna belt and i have not yet reached my sales target and beg them to buy the products from me.
Once a LIC guy called and i told him i am also in LIC and after few minutes of doing TP with him, he got agitated and angry. Lol it was fun, i was constantly telling him "gussa karne se kuch nahi milta" and random stuff