• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 5,139
Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
Reliance Broadband
Hello,
I approached Tata for the their broadband services and was told that there are 2 types of networks one is TCL which is vsnl ISP and the other is docomo which is a private broadband provider. He said the number of hops on the TCL network will be less so better for latency. I asked about the latency of Docomo he said they are good but not as good as TCL. TCL plans are much more expensive than Docomo plans(2x). now in order to get the fiber connection I have to make a 6 month commitment. Can someone who has Tata Docomo broadband tell me the kind of latency/pings they are getting to google.com as well as a few speedtest and pingtest results. Thanks.

Tata Comm Ltd caters to SMEs and hence the plans are costlier. Pretty sure the latency will be similar on Docomo too.

So i got my new Tata Docomo connection on adsl, with 5mbps plan having 40GB FUP for rs 1399/-. Latency and stability is great. Speed is okay. I get maximum 3.6 mbps. I know the plan says upto 5mbps but at least 80% speed would have been nice. The modem says the downstream rate is 4160kbps. but my attainable rate is 18mbps. So I'm guessing there's so sort of lock somewhere. The engineer who installed said that it can't be increased because it's predecided by some Cisco network thing, copper blah blah. If my attainable rate is so high I don't see why I can't get full 5 mbps. In any case will try and upgrade to the fiber plans later but would be nice if i could get 5mbps or at least 80% of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.