New Sify Broadband Speeds

• Thread starter Thread starter knak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 53
  • Views Views 12,247
Sify is not a good ISP.. no dubt about thattoday i got a letter in my mailbox.. about Touchtel DSLThey offer unlimited broadband plans600rs for 46kbps and 900 for 128kbps, no installation and only modem deposit of 500,refundable..lol.. where is the catch? this cannot be the only price..is this really ONLY 900rs a month? or do i also pay for telephone?

touchtel when i had, charged 900 bucks for 250 megs and 200 free calls.installation was 1500... i have a friend who is on touchtel in gurgaon. i will try to find out the services and costings there... 😉

... it smells like, Sify squeezes the pipeline after a long downloadDOwnloaded alot on friday and now i have again insted of 8kB/s a lousy 2.8...This canot be coincidence, they just check users and their behaviour now that they launced the new packages and the speedupdates,..i bet they regret itpathetic!Anyway..some positive news, i called Touchtell DSL and asked it, and its true, 900rs for unlimited download,no telefone charces nothinU can buy modem(2500) or u can hire for 99rs a month, 500 also needs to be paid for modem deposit in case of hiring that thing,its refundableI asked him 3 times: where is the catch!! 900rs for unlimited only! but he kept saying: this is it,no catch...soNow... what to do, Sify was expensive on the installation... kinda stupid to drop sify now..If i take touchtell, my sify account wont expire? i mean, then i finish this package i am using now and then i wont update it anymore for some time, when i check Touchtell for a month or 2, 3, if it works good ofcourse 😛Sify will be OK to use after lets say 3 months break?

well there is no condition from them for us to keep the connection live. u dont have to get the lan line disconnected. 😉 i plan to keep the line too if i finally manage to get a second connection some day soon!

with sify,if its good: means 8kB/s stable, i download 12 hours avarage a day which means:43200 sec/day it downloads that is 345600 kb/dayand thats 10368000 kb/30 days and thats 10125 MB every 30 daysor 10462,5 MB every 31 days more then 10gig a monththey wont like it

well just hope they dont claim that the 6hrs condition applied on all shared packages. 😛 they have not responded to my mail since last 2 days 🙁

No wonder u dont get any mail..if they use the same connection as we have, then its kinda impossible to open the damn mailbox..slow like $%^&!!!!!!!!!!!

heh, i would not think that far 😉 maybe ankush is on leave or something. if i did not get a reply on monday, the entire mail group get my mail.

I dont know what they ar doing there but its 75% of the time not faster then 2.8so they didnt upgraded the speeds.. they just screwed it even more...i get sick of it! :angry: Opening a website means: MSN, AOL going off... i have to wait till the page is 100% loaded otherwise no MSN,AOL that wants to go back onI feel living in the past... when i had my first computer with 28.8kbps modemEven then it was faster

2.6 KByte/sec , all day long.,.i think i have to call tomorrow, tellin them they are goin to loose a customer very soonpunks!!

fred, use a decent browser 😉 Opera is my recommendation 😀 it never requires me to log in 😀