64k unlimited plan discontinued

• Thread starter Thread starter meaculpa
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44
  • Views Views 8,838
Status
Not open for further replies.
they are giving until the stock lasts.... went to buy 128 came to know that 64 is still there but i choose 256know i am with 256k for one month

they are giving until the stock lasts....

What does that mean? Is there a time period till which you can renew or something?

I was under the impression that as an existing subscriber, you can renew your existing subscription when(ever) it expires.

Today Tata Indicom has sent me an sms to upgrade my prepaid 64kbps account "with a 128, 256 or 512 kbps unlimited prepaid plan and get up to 36 days of free unlimited broadband. Hurry, limited offer." I am in a fix.

How much do you pay for 64 kbps unlimited?

~ Rs.2600 for 6 months.

my cousin is stuck on their 128K plan for nearly double the charges for 6 months.

hehe and tata indicom has started this new thing which they call "price protected", i wonder how that is going to work with unlimited plan.

tataBB 1600Rs512*24 = unlimited 2 mbps * 6 hrs a day (no daytime left)MTNL = 849+80 = 930Rsunlimited 2 mbps * 8 hrs a day+16hrs of daytime for surfing @2mbps & additional 1.25GBMTNL stability/uptime > tataBB stability/uptimeMTNL cost 40% < tataBB costMTNL gives 60 extra hours of unlimited download @2mbps!!i.e. ATLEAST 36 GB extra download amount.almost all MTNL users keep MTNL flag highonly crazysah keeps tataBB flag high!!😛UPDATE😱h btw i just checked tataBB website.. UL 512 kbps is > 2000Rs a month (MRP) as per old planas per new plan it comes out to be 1865 Rs a month (MRP) but the catch is you have to pay 6 months in advance i.e Rs. 11,192 in advancewell done crazysah!! 😛

thank u.. wait for few days.. i will post my email conversation with tataBB customer care.. super annoying.i am just giving them sometime b4 i discontinue tataBB!!

Amish, nice analysis of 512 UL of TataBB vs. MTNL....But I have a larger grouse with MTNL Mumbai. They effectively have made no effort to target people like me who require unlimited and fast browsing rather than heavy downloading. At least Tata has a UL 128/256 kpbs plan - but MTNL has no equivalent. True, Tata has failed in product delivery (sorry Crazysah, I know a few people incl. you who are happy, but you are outnumbered by people with bad experience!).I wish more providers would follow Tata BBs footsteps to offer something that is truly UL (even at lower bandwiths) because until they do, the majority of people will not enter the category and it will not grow. Nor will prices come down!

all plans of MTNL are 2 mbps.. so it is indeed fast browsing.and unlimited? if u r not heavy downloader than why do u need unlimited? there are range of plans offered by MTNL.and 2mbps at night is virtually like unlimited for heavy downloaders @512kb

Status
Not open for further replies.