• Views: Views 8,511
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

meaculpa

Regular
ISP
tata indicom vsnl
I just saw the new tarriffs on Tata Indicom homepage. While upgrading speeds upto 2 mbps they have also discontinued the 64 kbps unlimited plan. So now 128k is the entry level plan for unlimited usage.

Broadband from Tata Indicom

Current users of 64 k plan will compulsorily have to migrate to 128 plan once their subscription expires. And shell out almost double more.

Sushubh

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
indian websites need to get their title tags right!

M

meaculpa

Regular
ISP
tata indicom vsnl
Yes they seem to have the copy for an entire ad on this one. Actually make that enough copy for three ads!Sorry - tried to edit how the link appeared but didn't know how to.

amish

amish

Star gazer
I got banned!
ISP
MTNL Mumbai BB_600 @12mbps
did u see there is no 1 month plan!! now no1 will take tata. first poor service and now forcing customer to go for 3 months straight. god knows who creates such un-competitive plans.PS: it rained again and tatavsnl went down again no sooner rain started and came back when rain stopped.

M

meaculpa

Regular
ISP
tata indicom vsnl
My Tata Indicom connection was down 24 hours..right now its slower than a dial up. Am fed up.My dad's pretty upset at the 64 k plan being discontinued. At Rs 2600 for 6 months, it was good value for money.

amish

amish

Star gazer
I got banned!
ISP
ur dad uses internet! thats amazing and surprising.

M

meaculpa

Regular
ISP
tata indicom vsnl
Why? BTW Dad's a much heavier net user than me!

Sushubh

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
umm probably he thinks you are a senior citizen...

amish

amish

Star gazer
I got banned!
ISP
thats what she said, may be to shoo away ppl.

B

blr_p

Regulars
ISP
Airtel 256k ultd
Its amazing what tata's is doing, so no automatic dbl of speed for the same price. given thier reputation on this board, it seems they are trying to do better than Sify.I recall some time back they passed by my home and asked whether i wanted a free phone, i just laughed at them.

R

raj2332

ISP
tata/vsnl
Hi,You 've missed out the link at the bottom of the page. really small print for those who have opened acount before 17-may. It was meant to be unnoticable you think. :rofl:

M

meaculpa

Regular
ISP
tata indicom vsnl
Yes, I saw it..thanks!Also saw rates are slightly more favorable for existing customers than new ones. So those of us with existing connections can renew our current package..at least for now.

C

Crazysah

Arsenal FTW!
ISP
ACT Fibernet 300Mbps
You have Tata Broadband 64kbps?I have 512 UL!

coolbal

coolbal

Regulars
ISP
Airtel Xstream Fiber
i use tataindicom broadband-postpaid,for me it is good they are launching new plans once in a while but a sad feature of them is that when they launch new plans they are taking off old plans for example they have launched Business Plus - 5000 at 5000 MB per month but they have taken off Business Plus - 3000 which was offered 3000 MB per month at 612 rsso i request them to have old plans for the convinence to the customers like they do in prepaid plans

M

meaculpa

Regular
ISP
tata indicom vsnl
Yes, as raj pointed out you can still renew your old plan at old rates for upto 1 more year/ term - then don't know what may [email protected] - my dad uses 64k and is quite happy with it. I however am not renewing my 128k plan as I get lower speeds than him! Am shifting to MTNL next month onwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.