What Technology Are These People Using

• Thread starter Thread starter qwerty
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2,116

qwerty

I live in a suburb of Tirupathi (Not Tirumala Hills but Tirupathi city).In my suburb, a local company provides what they say 256 kbps unlimited for Rs.400. I contacted users of the service to find that even though speed does not match dataone's, it is twice faster than reliance rconnect and slightly slower than dataone!But they (the ISP) are not using any wires. They are also not using wifi because reach is large. They are also not using satellite because it is costly. They are also not using cordect because I contacted midas communications, the company behind cordect, and they said they have not heard of any such company!I am confused what technology they are using. I heard the representative say that the equipment that local ISP is placing costs more than Rs.10,000.Do you have any idea of what technology they are using?Are they using some fixed wireless technology used by sify?I dont know anything about fixed wireless technology of sify other than what I read in sify website that says that they use fixed wireless technology.they tell that equipment costs more than Rs.10,000.But security deposit is Just Rs.2500 and activation charge is Rs.1000.they connect through usb and they will have a rectangle/square shaped antennae in roof top.Please help1)Tell me more about sify's fixed wireless technology2)tell me what technology is that isp using

Just a query here : how much initial payment isrequired for the connection & is it refundable ...

why bother so much what they use and all... if you can afford... buy it or else leave it ..

maybe they're using Wifi. What requirements have they given for a customer to connect to their net? Generally any ISP specifies all the requirements like a LAN card, DSL modem etc... etc... What have they told you?

WiMAN!!

see: www.icenet.net/proserv_wiman.htm

however, yet not commercial. but will available in PEAK areas in ahmedabad soon.

they tell that equipment costs more than Rs.10,000.But security deposit is Just Rs.2500 and activation charge is Rs.1000.they connect through usb and they will have a rectangle/square shaped antennae in roof top.they tell that equipment costs more than Rs.10,000.But security deposit is Just Rs.2500 and activation charge is Rs.1000.they connect through usb and they will have a rectangle/square shaped antennae in roof top.I very much suspect it would be fixed wireless used by sify.(because they give a square/rectangle antennae)Anyone knowing about fixed wireless of sify please give more details.This definitely is not wifi because they say it will reach 2- 3 kms.they also have a tower/mast above their building.(again, I must remember that people using that say it is not fast enough to catch speeds of bsnl but definetely hitting 256.)

They are using Wifi. Wifi can reach beyond 40 km with proper equipments and antennas. We do provide wireless connectivity between offices in place of leased line using Wifi technology in our city. B)

HEy dude can u give me more info abt tht ISP like his Phone or something one of frnds in Tirupathi is stuck with SifyU can PM me