Google Orkut Social Network Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter pushkar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 217
  • Views Views 62,555
weird.. i can get to it now.. but.. i cant go to orkut.com... got to choose some indirect link.. ah.. anyways.. guess its something abt my comp and not bsnl..mods.. please trash this..

Orkut: More popular than Google in India?Now, we all know that Alexa is not the best tool to measure the popularity of the websites on the internet. However, it still remains the most accessible service to compare the popularity of different websites.At this moment, Alexa statistics show that Orkut.com is the second most popular website [...]

Orkut: More popular than Google in India?

Orkut sucks... facebook is way better on so many levels like ease of searching people (using various fields like the school / college they went to, e-mail address etc.), and also on the privacy issues.

ok. tell me something. which of them is faster to browse. 😀luckily we are not even discussing myspace here which is THE most popular social networking service online 😉

Apart from the initial login, Facebook's pretty fast. But regardless, no matter how fast Orkut is, the search feature is so frustratingly primitive that it's next to useless!

Google enters pact with Cyber Crime Cell of Mumbai for Orkut We have just seen Digg bowing to the pressure of the community and they are no longer censoring posts connected to the HD DVD key. And now we have news information related to Google surrendering to Indian Police. The search engine giant has apparently entered a [...]

Google enters pact with Cyber Crime Cell of Mumbai for Orkut

Google Orkut is the Pepsi & MTV Youth Icon 2007 Google owned Orkut social networking service has been named as the winner of the ”Pepsi & MTV Youth Icon 2007”. Interestingly, the website managed to beat the popular Hindi movie ”Rang De Basanti” to win this award. The other nominees for this award included the bollywood actor Abhishek [...]

Google Orkut is the Pepsi & MTV Youth Icon 2007

Google overhauling Orkut interface Search engine giant Google has revealed on the Orkut blog that they are soon going to roll out an enhanced interface on their Orkut social networking service. The site is likely to retain its simplistic interface which has made it very popular amongst the online community. They have posted a screenshot of this enhanced [...]

Google overhauling Orkut interface

i just dont get on what basis these people declare the winners.last year it was dhoni and this year orkut! :S

Reminds me of SAT analogies:

Pepsi : Mtv : Orkut :: Dumb : Dumber : Dumberer

What's old about the fact that people post waaaaaay too much personal data on social networking sites?

orkut provides no privacy features. facebook does that. though its becoming a pain in the ass too.

orkut is coming up with new privacy features... like you can restrict people who can scrap you, view your photos, testimonials.. etc and new features are also on the pipeline. but the problem is there is lot of spam profiles in orkut and way tooo much communities 😀 anyway i just deleted all my scraps, deleted all the unknown friends and took a look at my community list and was totally taken back.. around 4 to 5 communities that I am a member was hacked and was having explicit content.. so hurriedly deleted them and also reduced the no of communities by 1/4th. and as sushubh says Facebook was a gem now it is also becoming a trash can like myspace.