Unacceptable service and unfair attitude towards Old Customers

• Thread starter Thread starter samsourav
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1,912
ISP
AIRTEL
Hi,

Using Airtel broadband for about 2 years the service was satisfactory till I faced the issue on 20th March 2013. Then a complain was raised on 24th march 2013 . I got response from the backend team that there is faulty main line that has to be replaced and gave me resolution date 29th March 2013. There was no call back after that from Airtel. On 30th March I called the Airtel Customer care for the status of the issue, they replied the issue is still open and it will get resolved on 1st April 2013 by 7 pm and the issue was escalated. On 2nd April I called them for the status they reverted back by saying by the end of the day this issue will get resolved. And same reply is on till date ( 8th April 2013).

In the mean time on 6th April 2013 due to frustration of this kind of service, I asked my broadband connection to be disconnected. Then Airtel relationship officer gave a call back telling that issue will be resolved within today. But on 8th April I get Airtel message that your disconnection request has been approved and I have to pay the unbilled amount.

The best part of thier unfair attitude towards old customer came today when the escalation officer called and told that the backend team needs more time and no ETA, therefore you go ahead and cancel the connection and reapply for a NEW Airtel connection. As the new connection will come from another line. When I asked why the need of disconnection when this can be done from your side, he replied if there is any other port avaiable then only they can.

This shows Airtel's customer retention policy and their adamant attitude towards older customer.

This is an unacceptable service and unfair attitude towards old customers.

Hugely disappointed with this kind of Service and attitude.

Thanks
Samya

This happens only in INDIA ... faced the same issue, kicked them off

Heh. There have been people who've been with airtel for a much longer time and have faced worse.Try contacting them on Twitter.

Never used to experience downtime with airtel. Now for me since couple of months, every 15 days landline goes dead. Reason they cite is some issues with local server. I always felt though Airtel guys are big cheats, never offer good plan to old customers and never gives an option of speed upgrade (since last 1.5 years from the day my connection was activated i am stuck with 2 Mbps speed). But still the key differentiator in case of airtel compared to other ISP's is hardly any downtime. Even that has gone to dogs now of-late

No point in going back to them.especially if they are putting you through reapplication.As 720 suggested create a havoc on their twitter page.They might wake up