• Views Views 3,081

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
https://goo.gl/n5Ya6
Apparently Cyberbunker is not happy that spamhaus blocked them for running massive scale of spam campaigns. And they are responding by attacking the internets at the rate of 300gbps. I am struggling to load the NYTimes page linked above.
And there are also reports of a cable cut somewhere which is causing the slowdown here in India.

Tikona has been giving me 1-1.5mbps today on 4mbps connection...

The so-called distributed denial of service, or DDoS, attacks have reached previously unknown magnitudes, growing to a data stream of 300 billion bits per second.
“It is a real number,” Mr. Gilmore said. “It is the largest publicly announced DDoS attack in the history of the Internet.”
Spamhaus, one of the most prominent groups tracking spammers on the Internet, uses volunteers to identify spammers and has been described as an online vigilante group.
I imagine this forum is running fine for all of you guys. Considering you do not have to travel outside India to connect to it!

I for one is pleased that I am not on a US based server right now. CloudFlare would not have helped me.

chromaniac said:
I for one is pleased that I am not on a US based server right now. CloudFlare would not have helped me.

I think you went to GoDaddy? I observed that in most cases, godaddy offer Netmagic Datacenter India to whom have probably Indian traffic mostly.
Or you deal directly to Netmagic and get dedicated through http://e2enetworks.net.in/.
But I am sure about your domain registrar is Godday from whois record.

I am using GoDaddy for domains because the prices are insanely low there. I do not like it but that's what the reality is. And yes, I am hosted on E2E Networks right now.

Seacom Cable was cut few days back. While they have repaired the issue but it seems they have hit another snag. And this issue might continue till April. And this is the reason half of Pakistan's internet services have been down in recent days as well. I am assuming that this is one big reason too for problems here.
Source1 | Source2

chromaniac said:
I am using GoDaddy for domains because the prices are insanely low there. I do not like it but that's what the reality is. And yes, I am hosted on E2E Networks right now.
Even I prefer Godaddy for domain as cheap offering rates for domains.
I observed E2E networks have earned good repo among web admins. I found many websites have mostly Indian traffic are hosted by E2E network.
Does it offer reliable service and guaranteed up time like 99.99%(like US web hosting companies), according you? If it is reliable host, then as of being Indian hosting company in India, it is the biggest achievement but nowadays, many web hosting companies have started and also they give better services to their clients.
Among all, E2E networks is on top in my point view as I found many Indian websites are hosted by them. Bigrock is also good for personal and SME.
Share your experience.

Internet slowdown on Wednesday hit consumers across Pakistan, as submarine cable SMW4 developed a fault in Alexandria, Egypt, telecom sector sources said. "The undersea fibre-optic cable has developed faults," they said, adding that the breakdown has slowed down internet traffic also in Pakistan.

"The damage in cable has affected internet services in many regions such as Far East, Middle East, North Africa, South Asia etc," they said, adding that repairing the cable is, however, underway to restore the flow.

Press release adds: One of the international submarine cables (SMW4) has experienced fault in sea waters near Alexandria, Egypt. This has impacted internet services in the entire regions of the Far East, Middle East, Pakistan, India and North Africa. The international consortium of operators in the region that manages the submarine cable system is proceeding to deploy repair services to restore services at the earliest.

Meanwhile, Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited (PTCL), in a press release said that PTCL has already undertaken necessary actions to minimise the impact on the services to customers in Pakistan, by making alternate arrangement for internet capacity. This has been made possible because of PTCL multiple submarine cable systems facility in Pakistan. Customers may experience slow browsing during peak hours and PTCL regrets this temporary inconvenience caused to valued customers, under the prevalent circumstances.

I am imagining Oceans is full of Inter-continental Internet cables 🙂
And its very much vulnerable to attacks from likes of Pirates.

just have heard horror stories about them. little else. google them. the cartoon guy who was jailed was using their service i think.