12-minutes/hour advertising rule for TV channels

• Thread starter Thread starter saikar83
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 15,505
Someone needs to clarify something. Is this a recommendation or a rule?Knowing TRAI, it seems that whatever they want to implement does not get implemented at all. Because it is usually just a recommendation and they have no powers to regulate anything. 😀
also. 12 minutes per hour is like 20% which is still a lot. i am not sure why the f is that a problem for the broadcasters. 😀
They are allowed to show one minute of ad for every four minutes of programming!

I think it's a rule but when is the implementation going to start from?
As of now it's 20 minutes per hour advertising. So this rule would definitely hit them economically.

Serials have 12 mins, but every half hour (18:12) is what they have, so its a reduction. Also this stops from showing L-shaped ads etc. Thats why the hue and cry.

Frankly. Bad arguments. Broadcasters are paying unreasonable amount of money for television rights. It's their problem. Why do I have to watch ads during live broadcast of formula 1 races? I stopped watching television completely because of censorship ad insane amount of ads on television. Who is to blame here?

the joy of watching uncensored and without ads in full HD (via torrents of corz 😛) beats the crap outta tv anyday anytime. the ads simply make me want to get up and walk away regardless of how interesting the show is. unfortunately we are a small percentage and as such can't affect their revenues.

chromaniac said:
Frankly. Bad arguments. Broadcasters are paying unreasonable amount of money for television rights. It's their problem. Why do I have to watch ads during live broadcast of formula 1 races? I stopped watching television completely because of censorship ad insane amount of ads on television. Who is to blame here?
Agree. I meant for argument in comments section.