Samsung Galaxy Nexus Cracked Display

androidfreak said:
5k is a steal! You're very lucky!
Actually that's the correct price, but mobile phone repairers exploit every option to earn more and more.
a similar experience with me was when my kid did "SHU SHU" on my blackberry 8330 making its earpiece sound very very slow.
Checked with Blackberry service center and was quoted for approx 1000-1200 depending on damage.
I opened the handset and took a pic of speaker, went to Mobile bulk spares market and got identical one for guess how much
Rs.30 for a Pair, replaced it and speaker if better than ever, I usually kept volume on Full before this, but now medium level volume gets enough sound of the caller.
I don't think Rs.1000 was worth the price to get it done.

No, actually the repair guys weren't charging me much. 8.5K is the most commonly quoted price of a new Galaxy Nexus screen. So a second hand screen for 5K looks good enough to me. Yes, I saved a lot of money though. All credit goes to Hemant (the seller). He has been very co-operative.

[font="'trebuchet ms'"]Abhishek,[/font]
[font="'trebuchet ms'"]Do you mind sharing the contact/email details of Hemant. I have a Galaxy Nexus i9250 with a cracked screen thanks to my daugher and I (we both dropped it). I would like to replace the screen, I love my phone and not ready to plunge money again into a new phone right now.[/font]
[font="'trebuchet ms'"]Ciao.[/font]

Well sharing his number will be of no use. He had a spare Galaxy Nexus (motherboard damaged) and so he sold the screen. He is not a dealer and thus has no more screens.

Glad you got your phone up and running.. what about tools required. Did you buy em or you had it with you ?

Thanks Abhishek.
I realized that after finding your post on XDA. I have gone ahead and posted a note XDA looking for folks who are looking to sell a functioning LCD/Digitizer or suggest vendor who can do the same for me.
I have seen a video of a guy who separated out the broken glass and digitizer for an i9250, but it took a painful 3 hours for him. It is a risky affair as there is very high chance of spoiling the digitizer. But want to keep that as a last option.
Thanks for your response.

uumeshh said:
Glad you got your phone up and running.. what about tools required. Did you buy em or you had it with you ?
I just purchased a screwdriver set for around Rs. 100 and used some other tools (forceps and one more tool to be precise) which I had in my old Biology Dissection box I used in junior college.
Ajay M said:
Thanks Abhishek.
I realized that after finding your post on XDA. I have gone ahead and posted a note XDA looking for folks who are looking to sell a functioning LCD/Digitizer or suggest vendor who can do the same for me.
I have seen a video of a guy who separated out the broken glass and digitizer for an i9250, but it took a painful 3 hours for him. It is a risky affair as there is very high chance of spoiling the digitizer. But want to keep that as a last option.
Thanks for your response.
Opening the seller's phone, removing the screen, opening my phone, removing the screen. applying his screen on my phone, applying my broken screen on his phone, repacking his phone and repacking my phone merely took about 30 minutes. 🙂
It's not lengthy and not risky either. You just need to be careful and everything shall be fine.

Hey. My Galaxy Nexus unfortunately and rather weirdly just died out of nowhere last week. It was charging, I used it for a bit, kept it away, took it back in hand after like 5 minutes and it was dead. Nothing shows up on screen whatsoever you do, no key combos work. It's totally hard bricked. Isn't detected on the computer either.
I've given it since 4 days to someone in Borivali for diagnosis and repair, from the place I bought it. They told me none of the software revival techniques worked, including the stuff you do using the jig pins. Does that mean the motherboard is dead? They said parts aren't available so they're not able to proceed further as to what exactly the issue might be.
Any idea what I could do now? 🙁 It's been just 4 months I've purchased the phone. Never expected that from a Nexus.

Hi All,
I have a Galaxy Nexus and the power button is not working. Not sure if I will find the same in mumbai or not.
Would be great if any of you (who has a bricked non functional phone) would want to sell off either the power button only or the phone to me. Let me know if any of you have one.
Regards
Gaurav