90 LEDs Solar Tubelight 3 Watts

Hi friends,
Nowadays the cost of electricity units have been hiked so much. All Tata Power Company, Reliance Energy Ltd and Maharashtra State Electricity Board Ltd have increased their unit rates burdening customers.

As I am attempting to reduce my power consumption, I am also looking for devices that do not contain environmentally harmful things like Mercury in CFL bulbs. So LED lighting seems to be the best option since apart from reducing power consumption, there are no hazardous substances in it.

With all these points, I got 90 LED DC powered tubelights (Cool Daylight), replaced the original batteries with Eveready Nickel-Metal Hydride (Ni-MH) batteries and rechargeable by a 5 Volts DC adapter, a USB port or a 3 Watts 6 Volt Solar panel. The cost of all this is Rs400 (including Solar Panel).
The life of LED is more than 15 years, no fusing or blowing etc under normal use, and rechargeable Ni-MH batteries can be used for 1000 times.

*Power Consumption is 3 Watts = 4 Volts X 750 milliAmperes

90 LEDs

Table lighting bright and uniform light good for study table, reading newspaper, books etc

6 Volts 3 Watts Solar Panel

10 hours backup time

Is there a bigger version available for this? For normal home usage that replaces the regular wall tubelight?
If yes what are the specs and cost?

shouvik said:
Is there a bigger version available for this? For normal home usage that replaces the regular wall tubelight?
If yes what are the specs and cost?
LED lights do not deliver proper light if you mount them on wall like tubes.You need a ceiling fit since LEDs are 2D and propogate light in one direction.
There are different types of LEDs and you need to make sure that LEDs are replaceable easily.The problem with most chinese made led tubelights is the replacement,since those LEDs or even similiar ones are not loosely available in market.
4 ft Solar tube lights are available at around 6k with LEDs completely replaceable and costing 12-15 bucks per LED maximum.

The low cost ones are best for places where bright light is not always required. Like in corridor, toilets, etc

my display name said:
The low cost ones are best for places where bright light is not always required. Like in corridor, toilets, etc
its not about the cost its the quality of LED lights.good quality mild LEDs are also expensive.They promise you 10000 hours or 5 years warranty.Also longer life of LED is all about good designing of LEDs as well as the charge control circuit.Instead of tube there are ceiling mounted fittings available at cheaper price.
Plus most of the so called solar products from china have AC charging facility and as per norms by sales tax as well as MNRE ,once AC charging comes into play ,the solar status is gone and so is the tax exemption.