Can I make annual payment online for BSNL Broadband?

• Thread starter Thread starter ekta_m
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 16,686
Look at Hyderabad users, they have to either suffer a loss to switch to high speed plans specially made for them or stay with old slow speeds. BSNL change plans once in 8 months or so. 12 months is a bit risky.

Atleast they are getting better plans than the rest of the country. I have been on this 1350 (now 1425) plan for more 1.5 years now with no change visible in the near future. And I am pretty sure this plan has been around for a while before that.

When I posted this thread last year, I was getting an option to pay for 2.5 years and get 6 months free (3-yr plan). Also, I'd be saved from any price fluctuations until the end of my 3-yr subscription. I couldn't make any headway as I was new in Gurgaon and it was very difficult to deal with Haryana babus. And then BSNL increased the tariff and I dropped the idea.
Last week, I made another attempt to get an annual subscription and I was surprised to see that the sarkari babus haven't changed a bit in a year! After some asking around, I was able to get hold of the right person but he was busy fixing his colleague's AC. I waited patiently for him to tend to his friend. Afterwards, he took 30 minutes to search for relevant files on annual subscription. File was nowhere to be found and therefore, I was told that my request couldn't be entertained. I asked them to refer to the details on BSNL online but they said that they don't follow info posted on internet. 😛ride:
I've visited their CSC couple of times for various things and each time I left empty-handed. :victorious:

^^ No, Udaan doesn't support that. One needs to submit a written application to move to annual plans.
I didn't have any address proof when I shifted to Gurgoan, so I got the connection in my dad's name. BSNL wants my dad to write to them to make any changes to the plan. My dad isn't coming back to India for another year, so I can't make any changes immediately. I can't even disconnect the line!... unless I forge his signature 😛irate:
So far I had been oblivious to the work culture of govt employees. It was a rude awakening for me when I had to visit several govt institutions (Banks, post office etc) in Gurgaon.

My BSNL connection is in mom's name. I took plan change application with her signature at the bottom. No one really checks it. But yeah it's annoying that it cannot be done online.