netbook to buy

• Thread starter Thread starter ishaan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 2,302
ISP
airtel
hi , i am new here.
i need to buy a new netbook , with windows 7 a must or if price is good ,dos based would also do, will install window 7 separately and with good battery life , price is no issue but should be justifiable . thanks 😛eaceful:

nobody knows how love goes???

Why netbook if I may ask?The requirements for a netbook are fast diminishing. Mostly tablets and small notebooks are fast eating into the notebook market.

gadgetcrazy said:
Why netbook if I may ask? The requirements for a netbook are fast diminishing. Mostly tablets and small notebooks are fast eating into the notebook market.
thing is i need it for portability .............i use some apps which work on windows only , some java based apps and browser pages . i can take it wherever i want and it will have a jumbo battery backup too

you are mistaken if you think netbooks have great battery life. you are thinking about ultrabooks.

ishaan said:
hi , i am new here.
i need to buy a new netbook , with windows 7 a must or if price is good ,dos based would also do, will install window 7 separately and with good battery life , price is no issue but should be justifiable . thanks 😛eaceful:
I have a Samsung NB-148 netbook. I had genuine Windows 7 home basic 32 bit installed on it. This netbook came with 1GB RAM and I got it upgraded to 2GB at the time of purchase. Battery life on this netbook was no more than 3 hours with wifi on and only utorrent downloading on it. With MS word or Excel open, battery life was even less. Display quality was terrible. Touchpad was also not very good.
Now I have replaced windows 7 with Ubuntu desktop. Battery life has still not improved. Display is still bad. I'm now using this netbook only for downloads.
With the benefit of hindsight, I can say buying this netbook was a total wastage of money. Buying a cheap Toshiba laptop with Core i3 CPU for around Rs 21K is a much better option now a days. Upgrade the RAM on that laptop to 8GB and install windows 7 or 8 on it and it will work for many years to come. I am using one such cheap Toshiba laptop now a days.

Righto. Netbooks are a waste. My dad's netbook used to give slightly better backup time but largely because he just ran a web browser.

My experience with an Acer Aspire One D257 netbook is ditto. Functional, but no satisfaction. I will not miss this when replaced.
Topweb said:
I have a Samsung NB-148 netbook. I had genuine Windows 7 home basic 32 bit installed on it. This netbook came with 1GB RAM and I got it upgraded to 2GB at the time of purchase. Battery life on this netbook was no more than 3 hours with wifi on and only utorrent downloading on it. With MS word or Excel open, battery life was even less. Display quality was terrible. Touchpad was also not very good.
Now I have replaced windows 7 with Ubuntu desktop. Battery life has still not improved. Display is still bad. I'm now using this netbook only for downloads.
With the benefit of hindsight, I can say buying this netbook was a total wastage of money. Buying a cheap Toshiba laptop with Core i3 CPU for around Rs 21K is a much better option now a days. Upgrade the RAM on that laptop to 8GB and install windows 7 or 8 on it and it will work for many years to come. I am using one such cheap Toshiba laptop now a days.