Pathetic experience of porting to Idea

msingh

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Jan 22, 2008
I took two corporate connection to portout from Vodafone to Idea as my building was having coverage problem and after repeated complaint vodafone was not showing any progress on resolving netowkr coverage issue. So I started testing all other network like Airtel, Docomo, Aircel and Idea, I was found that Idea had best coverage for my building.
So I completed all formalities to port in to Idea and waited till 7th day and kept checking porting status at mnpindia.in, but even on 7th day I never received any SMS to intimate the time of porting. I tried calling Idea MNP Toll free number almost 10 time through out the day but you will never get customer rep to speak to you, they will first play the stupid music " idea hai .......... etc " and then you will be told that all execs are busy and dial 12345 to speak to Idea customer care, wtf how can new customer who dont have idea connection can dial 12345.
And then at 11.00PM, our both Vodafone SIM started giving SIM registration failed so I inserted Idea SIM, and the horror started now............ Idea SIM also giving registration failed message. I thought, it waste of time and decided to sleep. In the morning, SIM were active but now I was unable to make any call or receive call. When I was dialing any number even their customer care, I was getting that you dont have this service available, contact customer care and when I tried to dial from other number to these number, "services to the number are on hold."
Here again, I tried to contact the customer care by checking the Idea web site, after trying for multiple times, some how I got connected to customer care but these morons have no idea about the MNP. They kept telling the process to port out, I spoke to almost 10 different people but every body was telling me some thing or other thing but they were not able to understand my problem. The most pathetic thing was these people cant speak English and I cant understand Telugu, one hour gone and my patience was running thin.
Then I decided to speak to guy who sits in my office to know what the hell is going on... I went to the office and asked for him, guy was not available and had to wait for him. Somehow I met after lunch and told the entire ordeal, he asked two questions only, do you have bars on your phone and have you dialed "59059" for self address verification?
and I was like what the helllllllllllllllllllll....................... why have you not written this on your MNP Kit or on your web site that you need to dial 59059 for self verification to activate the POST PAID number even after they have done physical verification of my residence and office. I was literally out of control for that minute and kept shouting on him, That idea guy said sorry for many times but end of story is that it took only 2 minutes for both number to activate but these morons could have listed the process on thier web site or MNP kit but I was unable to locate any such any where.
After 90 days, I will make sure to go back to Vodafone if they improve the signals as they promised ................ now I understand why Idea has been always trading below 150 Rs for last 5 years. Companies like this will never grow, and we can see the Airtel now as well who is also loosing on prices. Just having good infrastructure and good advertisement cant keep you profitable but you need to serve your customer well also.

Reactions: 1 person

falconeer

BOSS
Regulars
Jan 2, 2007
World
i bought a new idea sim and had to call a new no. first to get the ID verified and activate the phone .. maybe it is the new std. procedure. the new phone no. comes in the form a sticker on the idea sim starter pack.

vijaypathak077

Regulars
Oct 19, 2011
evn i had faced same issue..
but it all sorted out in 10 min wen i ported to docomo.
i called cc nd they said to call on some no for verification..
i called them and my number got activated....
its std practice across all operators....

msingh

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Jan 22, 2008
I agree its standard procedure but why not to write in the welcome Kit or on your web site, and why these 10 people whom I spoke told me that I need to dial that number to activate. I can understand that they have tele verification for PrePaid but why for Post Paid, they already did residence and office in-person verification for me then why the hell you need another third type of verification, Even if you need, they should list that clearly on thier web site and SIM Pack which was not there.

Daddycool

Regular
Regulars
Dec 23, 2008
I agree that they should have informed you. It is now standard procedure for all companies.
Allow me to tell you that Idea is a trade off.
In my opinion (using in Mumbai and Pune) Idea is probably the best overall for voice and data connectivity and quality.
On the flip side, Idea is probably the worst operator for customer care. I am a brand new Idea customer and already having problem of getting any kind of care.

godric_gt

Enlightened
Regulars
Apr 26, 2009
Kolkata
When I ported from Uninor to Vodafone I got an sms from Vodafone informing me about calling up a number for verification once the sim is activated.

rudra pratap

Jul 12, 2013
Jaipur
godric_gt said:
When I ported from Uninor to Vodafone I got an sms from Vodafone informing me about calling up a number for verification once the sim is activated.
I am too agree with you. New users or ported users have to dial a number for varification of the sim. Or even if you didn't make a verification call and tried to call any other number then automatically your call will be forwarded to customer care for verification. It is the standard rule foe all MNP users as well as newly registered users.

igloo

Not just Internet.
Regulars
Sep 5, 2008
New Delhi
Yep and on airtel kit procedure is written on how to port.I think its responsibility of person who gave you the new sim to inform you in advance. Like airtel guy did to me, i too ported to postpaid.I think its stupid rule by govt of india. Another security reason.

rudra pratap

Jul 12, 2013
Jaipur
The distributors are always try to increase their sale . So they never give complete information to the user. Instead they remain in a hurry to provide new sim cars to new customers. :phone:

Daddycool

Regular
Regulars
Dec 23, 2008
My own experience with the My !dea franchisee was rather pleasant. My number is from Mumbai circle but I use it in Pune most of the time. I wasn't going to be in Mumbai when the port occurred so I would not be able to make the verification call. The franchisee kept my SIM with them and gave me a extra SIM. When the port occurred, they called Idea to complete the verification and then got the SIM cancelled and switched to the SIM in my possession. All this at no cost to me. I was up and running in Pune without needing to come to Mumbai for the verification call. I did not experience such excellent service with Docomo or Aircel.