Paytm Updates

argh. in that case, i suggest taking out money from your account because it is likely to get blocked in the coming days. my account is kyc and i do not keep more than 100-200 rupees in it because of the low trust issue. i am guessing soon they would start seeking aadhaar number for Paytm wallet only accounts as well.

I dont even keep money in it tbh. whenever I have to do a payment on site, I select "Paytm" and then paytm says no cash in wallet. I then load up wallet and it automatically pays the amount

I think with Paytm UPI linked to your bank ac, you should be able to scan and pay directly without first having to add funds.

The stupidos have not given the option to create custom UPI id....be happy with phoneno@paytm

Click on you Id in the upi section. It has an arrow indicating more options are available.

And you can't pay using Paytm upi to paytm wallet over the counter. Other side need to have upi configured as well.

Yeah I just figured it does not work that way when paying for breakfast. You still got to add funds after scanning to pay, but it saves logging into your bank or bhim upi to enter pin to approve....you can do it in Paytm app itself.

thanks for the help to create custom id....I got my three character id 🙂

i do believe that Paytm now has the infrastructure in place to let you pay to paytm wallets using upi. they just need to create a middle account.
you pay using upi.
that money goes to paytm upi account.
paytm transfers that money to retailer's paytm wallet.
it's complicated but doable lol.

it would not be as fast as paying from wallet to wallet. and npci servers are crap so payments would be delayed. so probably not practical.

pan card is not required to make payments. but their website would keep on bugging you till you give your pan card.
no upi support as of now.
debit cards, credit cards and bank account linkage is supported.

I can see KYC option in Paytm app now. May be it was added along with UPI.
It asks for Aadhar number only. I haven't done it yet.

I have started buying gold with small change leftover in the wallet.....have 0.01 grams...first time I ever bought gold 🙂