• Thread starter Thread starter srinirao
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 8,002

srinirao

Linuxpert
ISP
BSNL DataOne, Home 500 C Plan
Hi, Is the a resource where in which we can build a PC on our own. I am staying in Bangalore, Which will be the right place to buy hardware components. Will there be (minimum) assistance given by the seller for assembling. How to handle post purchase servicing in case of any problems ?I wish to minimise the cost of PC by assembling it myself. Has anyone done this before ?Please discuss your pointers, pros-and-cons etc..

As you are probably aware, getting support for warranty etc could be a problem in this case.If I were in your place, I would pay 300 - 400 to some technician from some shop to assemble it for me over the weekend.Process itself is quite easy once you have installed motherboard and CPU properly. Motherboard installation is a bit difficult since most "basic" connectors like sound, USB port are not directional (it is easy to put wires on motherboard in reverse order) that can screw up board. And CPU installation is difficult since it is easy to go wrong with thermal pase / heat sinc if you are doing it for the first time.Other then that connectors like, IDE, RAM etc are easy since they wont go in incorrect socket or in wrong direction. My advise:1. Buy ALL parts from one shop so that mobo vendor can not blame RAM vendor and so on.2. Have someone from shop do it in his personal time. He will make some extra buck and your CPU/mobo will be safe as well.

>If I were in your place, I would pay 300 - 400 to some technician from some shop to assemble it for me >over the weekend.>1. Buy ALL parts from one shop so that mobo vendor can not blame RAM vendor and so on.>2. Have someone from shop do it in his personal time. He will make some extra buck and your CPU/mobo >will be safe as well.Hi Netfreak, Thanks for the above advice. It really make sence to apply while purchasing components and asking the vendor himself to assemble it. But will the vendor take care of warranty/replacements in case if fault occurs after purchase.How to find out who is a genuine dealer. In Bangalore we have SP road where we get lots of shops sellling computer hardware. How to identify who is selling original components. Is there a rule of thumb ?

Hello, While buying an assembled computer, it is best to go by word of mouth.. talk to some friends who have assembled their computers in bangalore and ask them how the after sales support and everything was.. only then commit to a particular dealer.. their is no rule of thumb to identify which is original and which is not.. if talking to some friends is not possible, then look for original holograms on all packages such as the cpu and the motherboard and insist that they be opened before you.. i.e. buy them sealed... and getting a bill does not hurt though this might cost you extra.. also try to avoid some of the smaller shops.. hope i was of help 🙂

QUOTE(netfreak @ Nov 7 2006, 01:56 PM) [snapback]67995[/snapback]
And CPU installation is difficult since it is easy to go wrong with thermal pase / heat sinc if you are doing it for the first time.[/b]
With Intel processors its very easy. Unpack them and put them in the socket. Lock it. Then put the heatsink on. The thermal paste / pad is stuck at the bottom of the heatsink so no need to measure and apply the paste.

Yea, and good advice from netfreak. Its all costly equipment. Besides warranty on any part does not cover damage due to improper handling. BUT I would suggest that you be present when the guy assembles. You can learn from observation 😉

our PC guy is good. we just get him to setup the motherboard and fix it in the box and show us the display. we handle the rest. the main issue is jumper on the botherboard settings. they are somewhat complicated. u really wont like to have an accidentally overclocked processor which might fry up hardware products for you. 🙁

Yaa and these things keep changing with every brand and version of motherboard.

I know this is an old thread, but I think it will be a nice way to let everyone know about the services I offer. This is not an advertisement or anything like that as I build computers because I am passionate about it. For more information please log on to

Element Computing

I offer my services to people based in Bangalore as I am just starting up and I am based out of here. However if you could handle the shipping charges of your PC, I am more than glad to help you out.

So if your are on the hunt for an assembled computer, please feel free to contact me.

Element Computing - "we know what works"

I know this is an old thread, but I think it will be a nice way to let everyone know about the services I offer. This is not an advertisement or anything like that as I build computers because I am passionate about it. For more information please log on to

Element Computing

I offer my services to people based in Bangalore as I am just starting up and I am based out of here. However if you could handle the shipping charges of your PC, I am more than glad to help you out.

So if your are on the hunt for an assembled computer, please feel free to contact me.

Hi,

I am looking to assemble a desktop. Currently, I am in Delhi but can pay for the shipping charges.
My primary needs - Architecture Softwares (these are heavy), some video rendering, Gaming

As for the config I am looking at:

I7 3rd Generaltion (Ivy Bridge ones)
16Gb Ram (Corsair DDR3 1600; 2 slots of 8 Gb each)
Asus/Intel MB (which supports all of these)
1 TB HDD WD or Seagate (7200 RPM and not 5400 RPM)
GFx Card - Nvidia GTX Series (660M or higher)
Corsair PSU (Please suggest one which can handle all these with ease)
CoolerMaster Cabinet with CPU cooling unit
22' Monitor with Full HD support (Please mention the price of touch screen monitors too)
Blu-Ray Recorder/Player (If Available) else DVD Writer 24x
Logitech Mouse plus Keyboard combo
Altec Lansing 2.1 Speakers (The ones that cost around 2k)

Can you send me a quote of this specification? Would really appreciate your inputs/suggestions as well.

Element Computing

Hi,

I am looking to assemble a desktop. Currently, I am in Delhi but can pay for the shipping charges.
My primary needs - Architecture Softwares (these are heavy), some video rendering, Gaming

As for the config I am looking at:

I7 3rd Generaltion (Ivy Bridge ones)
16Gb Ram (Corsair DDR3 1600; 2 slots of 8 Gb each)
Asus/Intel MB (which supports all of these)
1 TB HDD WD or Seagate (7200 RPM and not 5400 RPM)
GFx Card - Nvidia GTX Series (660M or higher)
Corsair PSU (Please suggest one which can handle all these with ease)
CoolerMaster Cabinet with CPU cooling unit
22' Monitor with Full HD support (Please mention the price of touch screen monitors too)
Blu-Ray Recorder/Player (If Available) else DVD Writer 24x
Logitech Mouse plus Keyboard combo
Altec Lansing 2.1 Speakers (The ones that cost around 2k)

Can you send me a quote of this specification? Would really appreciate your inputs/suggestions as well.