Dual Isp 256 + 256 Kbps Unlimited = 512 Kbps Unlimited

• Thread starter Thread starter chetanzcool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 10,398

chetanzcool

Hi All

🙂 Well i have 2 Broadband conections at home Airtel and Vsnl broadband, both are 256 kbps Unlimited.
So i decided to connect both to my system.
I have the latest AM2 motherboard from Nvidia M2N32SLI Delux. Its got 2 Nvidia Nic cards.

Now make sure u have installed NVIDIA DRIVERS Ethernet and while doing so make sure u install NAM
ie Nvidia NETWORK ACCESS MANAGER

Nic 1 = Vsnl Broadband connection
VSNL Router connected to Nic one.
Static IP address given to PC : 192.168.1.5
Vsnl Router IP : 192.168.1.1

Nic 2 = Airtel Broadband connection.
Airtel Router connected to Nic Two.
Static IP address given to PC : 192.168.1.6
Airtel Modem/ Router IP : 192.168.1.1

Yes Both the Routers should have the same IP .

To connect to Airtel router disable NIc 1 and type http://192.168.1.1 in ur web browser

By Default if both nics are enabled i and u type in http://192.168.1.1 in ur web browser it will directly connect to VSNL Router .

Once this is done, make sure u have forwarded ports ( Torrent ports )poroperly to respective internal IPS for both routers.

Now open up Nvidia control Panel select Networking.
Select Network Teaming and Choose enable Teaming and click on apply.

Now for the magic u can get upto 58 KBps downloads using Download managers torrents and P2P applications etc.

This is called Multi Homeing and every where on the internet they say this cannot be done unless u buy a special router from Cisco or Xicom which is about 200$...OH my ghosh.

Well Nvidia Rocks.
So if u have an Nvidia Motherboard with Dual nic then go ahead get 512 Kbps.

Please use this thread to post any questions or comments or any help troubleshooting,.

Its preffered if u would use 2 diffrent ISPs as u will get Redundancy also.Incase one is down the other will continue working.

This can be done using BSNL AIRTEL VSNL Broadband connections.
About Sify and hathway havent tried them so if any one gives me the type of setups that they have ill let u know how its done.

ENJOY! B)

If i open www.whatismyip.com what ip will be shown their? And do you know why its shown their ?

it shows ur ip. it shows you ur ip coz that's what the site does. tells you what your IP is.

but if he is using dual ISP's ... will he hav 2 ip's??... is it possible??

QUOTE(avinds @ Nov 15 2006, 05:17 PM) [snapback]68774[/snapback]
but if he is using dual ISP's ... will he hav 2 ip's??... is it possible??
[/b]

Sometimes it wil show IP of first ISP otherwise it will show IP of Second ISP.

Thats how it will work, half of the connections are made using first ISP.

QUOTE(Sushubh @ Nov 15 2006, 05:15 PM) [snapback]68773[/snapback]
it shows ur ip.

it shows you ur ip coz that's what the site does.

tells you what your IP is.
[/b]

My question is related to thread. What ip will it show then. ISP 1 or ISP 2. And why ?

This question will clear multihoming concept.

QUOTE(Rohan. @ Nov 22 2006, 11:25 PM) [snapback]69430[/snapback]
My question is related to thread. What ip will it show then. ISP 1 or ISP 2. And why ?

This question will clear multihoming concept.
[/b]

QUOTE(netfreak @ Nov 23 2006, 02:46 AM) [snapback]69469[/snapback]

[/b]

Q. No. 1 : What if your isp's are different? and if 1 of them assigns u ip automatically ( u cant configure it through manual)

Q. No. 2 Nividia Ethernet cards alone are also available? and will it work on them or u must buy the motherbaord

Q. No. Ok lets say u r getting 512, How will you share that 512 KBS on lan? U can only check "Allow other users to connect through this..." for 1 NIC.

I understand you may not know answer of all but tell whatever you know/think.

QUOTE(genexed @ Nov 28 2006, 11:02 PM) [snapback]69830[/snapback]
Q. No. 1 : What if your isp's are different? and if 1 of them assigns u ip automatically ( u cant configure it through manual)

Q. No. 2 Nividia Ethernet cards alone are also available? and will it work on them or u must buy the motherbaord

Q. No. Ok lets say u r getting 512, How will you share that 512 KBS on lan? U can only check "Allow other users to connect through this..." for 1 NIC.

[/b]

I guess this is not multihoming 256+256=512 . Multihoming means if one fails other took charge. Isnt it ???

QUOTE(genexed @ Nov 28 2006, 11:02 PM) [snapback]69830[/snapback]

[/b]
1. Doesn't matter

2. The option is available on high end server OSes incase of Windoze. With Linux, well its already there 😀

3. Umm...buddy TCP/IP doesn't work that way. You can get 512Kbps bandwidth on the lan.... On Lan ( the cable type ) can provide 10/100Mbps of connectivity... Why do you want to get stuck up with 256/512Kbps?

QUOTE(max @ Dec 4 2006, 04:48 PM) [snapback]70222[/snapback]
1. Doesn't matter

2. The option is available on high end server OSes incase of Windoze. With Linux, well its already there 😀

3. Umm...buddy TCP/IP doesn't work that way. You can get 512Kbps bandwidth on the lan.... On Lan ( the cable type ) can provide 10/100Mbps of connectivity... Why do you want to get stuck up with 256/512Kbps?

i have a8nsli- deluxe motherboard.and it do have 2 lan ports.i do have two isps.i do have got NAM installed but where is the damm network teaming option....instead where is this nvidia network control panel.i m not able to find it any where

i too have two isp's - one connected via USB other by LAN - any help - to how to bridge them???