Dual Isp 256 + 256 Kbps Unlimited = 512 Kbps Unlimited

• Thread starter Thread starter chetanzcool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 10,412
QUOTE(ashishgoel @ Jan 15 2007, 04:38 PM) [snapback]75259[/snapback]
i too have two isp's - one connected via USB other by LAN - any help - to how to bridge them???[/b]
Bridging two networks?

QUOTE(pita @ Jan 15 2007, 04:44 PM) [snapback]75265[/snapback]
Bridging two networks?[/b]

nahi yaar... bridging thing is not for this...............

i meant how to use both connection simultaneosly....

Hey guys, I am have an issue regarding two networks. I have my laptop using wifi connected to my modem which is connected to the internet. Now I have my PC connected to my laptop thru LAN cable. Is it possible to use the internet connection of my laptop in my PC thru the LAN cable??? The LAN cable is directly connected between the PC and laptop and I am able to browse the contents of my laptop on my PC and vice versa... Can anyone help me with this???

QUOTE(gb_baran @ Jan 16 2007, 07:15 PM) [snapback]75460[/snapback]
Hey guys, I am have an issue regarding two networks. I have my laptop using wifi connected to my modem which is connected to the internet. Now I have my PC connected to my laptop thru LAN cable. Is it possible to use the internet connection of my laptop in my PC thru the LAN cable??? The LAN cable is directly connected between the PC and laptop and I am able to browse the contents of my laptop on my PC and vice versa... Can anyone help me with this???[/b]

What you are talking about is internet connection sharing. You have to bridge the wireless and the wired NICs. Windows Xp provides a facility for doing this. Go here.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/n..._02april22.mspx

I had a setup where my laptop was connect to a modem using wifi. Then I had another router connected to the laptop via LAN cable. (ie. The router's WAN UPLINK port was connected to the laptop) The laptop essentially acted as a bridge to provide WAN access from its wifi connection to the router. It should work if you just want to have a PC connected directly to the laptop instead of a router.

http://www.vicomsoft.com/knowledge/referen....html#conteam_1

Introduction
Vicomsoft develops and provides Network Address Translation and TCP/IP routing technology, including bandwidth aggregation features. Our software allows users to connect whole LANs to the Internet, using single or multiple Internet connections. Click here to download free trial software

Vicomsoft have gained significant experience in the area of bandwidth aggregation and would like to make this information available to those interested in this subject. For those who would like to study this subject in more detail useful links are listed at the end of this document.
Questions
What is bandwidth aggregation?
What is bonding?
What is PPP Multilink?
How does PPP Multilink work?
What are the limitations of PPP Multilink?
What are the advantages of PPP Multilink?
What is Connection Teaming?
How does Connection Teaming work?
What are the limitations of Connection Teaming?
What are the advantages of Connection Teaming?
Is Connection teaming worthwhile for a single Internet user?
What is the bottom line? What does Vicomsoft recommend?

Wouldn't it be easier to just go in for a TATA 512 K unlimited for 1850+ taxes rather than doing all this? .......since your not saving any money by joining two 256 K unlimited airtel accounts.

QUOTE(netfreak @ Nov 23 2006, 08:16 AM) [snapback]69469[/snapback]
Sometimes it wil show IP of first ISP otherwise it will show IP of Second ISP.

Thats how it will work, half of the connections are made using first ISP.[/b]

there have to be some reasoning behind it ,sometimes it will show first ISP IP otherewise second ISP IP.
thats not an answer I beleive..🙂

Low-end bandwidth aggregation work in this way. Router assumes that all paths to destination IP have same cost and it distributes load based simply on round robin manner (some model support weightage based on bandwidth).This makes the IP a stochastic variable much like toss of coin. You can predict that number of heads will be ~50% of total tosses, but you can not predict outcode of a single toss.