Moser Baer Pendrives

• Thread starter Thread starter mreccentric
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 4,389
lol. i doubt any pen drive would survive 2 years of constant usage. they are not supposed to be used for this purpose.

Considering the long warranty, I suppose you can get it replaced whenever it goes bad. So, well... Good luck.

If yes, do not bother... ReadyBoost is a joke. I think they discarded it completely in Windows 8.
I hope you did not fall for that joke video from Ankit Fadia promising a performance boost by using ReadyBoost on Windows Vista/Windows 7.

All flash drives have a limited number of read/write cycles after which they will automatically die.

Not using this as RAM(ReadyBoost). I'm going to use with an DVR, so its gonna be 24 hrs. Was using Lexar Jump Drive till now.

Dont you think 230 is very less for a 8GB drive?

No. I had gotten a 16GB Moder Baer drive for 295 /- from shopclues under some special sale.

oh really, then i hope this one comes for 2 years. is that the thin one or traditional sized pendrives. i suppose those thin ones cost less and so are their lifetime.

something else... performance would go down with time. it might not die eventually but read/write performance would become horribly slow that you would have to replace it to make use of it properly. i have seen android smartphones facing similar issues after 2-3 years. and they are not even using the storage continuesly.
just stop bothering about it. think of it as a perishable product. if replacements are easy to get, get them. if it requires you to travel to the other part of the city multiple times, just get a new one coz that would be cheaper.

manu1991 said:
Around an year I think.
Then it's worth it. But, it also depends. I think you use it rarely.
AFAIK, Moser Baer DVDs and CDs are quality ones for storing backups. So i think the Pendrives are also Good.