• Thread starter Thread starter thebaltant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 137,846

thebaltant

ISP
Airtel Broad Band
Hi all,
Rite now iam on Airtel 1MBPS in day 2MBPS in night unlimited(NO FUP as well) legacy plan.
This plan is costing me around 1900rs per month so i want to change my ISP.
I dont download constantly (only when there is a new game or a tv show season is out) so i dont consume that much.
Hence please suggest me a ISP who provides good speed and reasonable FUP at reasonable price.
Thanks

Which part of town? You may ant to chk how good ISP coverage is, too.
The folks I've known (who are on AirTel) are not too happy with AirTel but for reasons known to themselves, continue with it! BSNL is probably the only other option (of course you still have data cards, Sify, Reliance, etc.)
BSNL has not given me a problem thus far, but I will have to rethink considering the fact I will be relocating soon.
Check BSNL's plans - you may get what u are looking for.

I'm also looking for good ISP in chennai.I stay in taramani (behind IIT Madras Backgate)
My requirements is 2mbps UL with FUP atleast 60GB and speeds should be 512kbps-1mbps after FUP.My monthly budget is max Rs 1200.I already enquired reliance for thunder plans,but they said there is no coverage :nonchalance:
Anyone pls suggest

Hi Friends,
My name is Saji, am an resident of Thiruvanmiyur. I have used almost all the ISP available in chennai, in which the worst service which i have seen is [font="'comic sans ms'"][color=#ff0000;]NET EXPRESS[/color][/font]. They promise 1 mbps 2 mbps blah blah blah, but u will face continuously disconnection and each disconnection will prevail for about an hour.
I have launched complaint in their so called CALL CENTER / CUSTOMER CARE, there is no use, a person from technical team will come and just chk all the gadgets and tell that he will have to do some settings in their server and go. Thats it notting will change. Every day Same problem again and again it will be repeated.
I took this connection by paying Rs.2000 + on 18th of June not even a single day i have got internet without disconnection "SO PATHETIC THEIR SERVICE IS"
As i found that nothing is going to happen by calling call Centre i called up the so called GM - Mr. Rajasekar in chennai, this gentleman will just pass on the bug to some subordinate of his team, and that person will not pick up the call and even if some one pick up the call they would respond saying that the concerned person is in a meeting.
Friends "DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY AND TIME BY TAKING [color=#ff0000;]NET EXPRESS[/color] INTERNET SERVICE AS IT SHOULD BE RENAMED AS [color=#ff0000;]NET NEVER INTERNET SERVICE[/color]"

I totally agree with Shaji
I am staying in Palavakkam which is 2 kms from Thiruvanmiyur. i signed up for Net Express for their 8 mbps plan. first 7 days i got great speed of 7.5mbps download and upload. after that i am testing my patience with them. every week sometime it will get disconnected and it will take hours to get back. i have to keep calling and they will keep telling they are increasing bandwidth and putting new servers. it will work fine from 1st to 5th of everymonth as my renewal date is 6th of every month. i have faced this for since the 2nd week of Jan and have now decided to move to BSNL.
Dont ever waste your money and time with Net Express. They are never commited to their promises they are just cheating us.

In my experience Airtel is by far the most stable. There is Tata Docomo now, but many of the new guys are very limited in service area. The other larger provider is BSNL, but plans are shitty. I suggest you switch to a better plan in Airtel itself, they have plenty of options to choose from. I am on BSNL because Airtel is maxed out in my street and cannot give me more than 2Mbps. I was on Airtel for about 10 years before shifting home last year.

[color=#ff0000;]PLZ help[/color]
I want to immediately switch from airtel. I'm located in one of the prime areas in chennai[T nagar]. What would be a good service provider?
I am a medium broadband user. My requirement would be nearly 10-11 GB per month. Tata docomo guys said they will contact me. So waiting for their call still. Any other good broadband provider ?

shaikh_chennai said:
I totally agree with Shaji
I am staying in Palavakkam which is 2 kms from Thiruvanmiyur. i signed up for Net Express for their 8 mbps plan. first 7 days i got great speed of 7.5mbps download and upload. after that i am testing my patience with them. every week sometime it will get disconnected and it will take hours to get back. i have to keep calling and they will keep telling they are increasing bandwidth and putting new servers. it will work fine from 1st to 5th of everymonth as my renewal date is 6th of every month. i have faced this for since the 2nd week of Jan and have now decided to move to BSNL.
Dont ever waste your money and time with Net Express. They are never commited to their promises they are just cheating us.
Hi Shaikh, I'm also staying in Palavakkam. Do you know what providers are giving service in our area? I'm using BSNL. I want to change it to some other network. I'm a heavy user. So if there are any unlimited plan available, can you please let me know?

Hi all,
kindly view this video, it shows the best broadband with speed proof.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSF3sGYrGh4
regards,
Ganny

I am staying in injambakkam chennai still now neither airtel nor bsnl are providing any connection though they have coverage. any other options here?

Reliance is most unreliable , Very Poor customer service , I am using reliance I did't have broadband connection for about a week within a 15 day period.Go for Bsnl or others