Peculiar Sound Problem In Laptop

• Thread starter Thread starter uumeshh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1,444
ISP
MTNL
I have a six month old toshiba laptop running windows 7 64 bit. recently I have got this problem that when I play any video / audio file, the sound from the speakers stops after few seconds. When i connect my headphones at this time, I can hear the audio. On removing headphones the speakers again work for a few seconds and again go off..
I have updated to the latest audio drivers too but that aint helping me.. Does anybody have any idea about what I can do ?? :musical-note: :musical-note:

control panel
sound
then when u see speaker click on it and hit properties
device Usage
make it disabled
then go to the smart icon of speaker its right bottom corner of the laptop screen
click on it and the laptop itself restore the problem and u r speakers will work again

Source

Tried it. But again the speakers worked only for a few seconds. Nothing seems to work. Some one must have experienced this! :wacko:

It might happen both due to OS as well as hardware. Probably reason should be OS as sound is audible initially. It happened to me during Windows 8 first beta version. But that was unstable version and so, made sense. But it does not make sense in your case as it is extremely stable and old Windows 7 OS. It might be due to hardware problems too. Best way to fix it is to take it to Toshiba customer service as it must be within warranty as you mentioned it is only 6 months old. If it was a preinstalled OS, liability lies with them for fixing the issue within the warranty period. Maybe some other customer of your model no. has faced the same problem too and taken it to them.

to my surprise this problem started suddenly. and hardware issues should be ruled out. can i try drivers of any other sound card.
what is the method to find out the exact sound card in the laptop, if its not mentioned in the OEM website??