Problems configuring universal remote with Videocon DTH

• Thread starter Thread starter deepaksb
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 14,544

deepaksb

ISP
MTNL ADSL BROADBAND
18-feb-2013I got a universal remote from Videocon D2H after too much of correspondance and requests.However even Videocon's technician coud not programme my UNIVERSAL REMOTE OF VIDEOCON D2H with toshiba remote CT-90380.I had read some hints on google for this but it does not work.Videocon DO NOT disclose model/make of universal remotw which they give with its dish D2H connection.Can someone guide me how to programme videocon D2H universal remote with Toshiba CT-90380.I just want TV ON/OFF and TV volume control with D2H universal remote.thanks and regards

Write to them on their FB page.. They will help you within no time.

ok. here is the thing. videocon has a lot of problems with universal remotes. it simply does not perform as per expectations. even the remote in my home failed to connect to my television sets. this is why they have stopped offering universal remotes on newer DTH connections.

I have changed to three different TV sets after buying D2H and I was able to program all of those on d2h remote without any issues.Oh! Have they stopped giving universal remotes now? That's sad.

that's what the guy told me when i replaced my sd stb with the hd stb. universal remote that came with sd box worked fine. but the one with hd box did not connect properly. he said that the problem is quite common and because of the repeated complaints, they have simply stopped giving universal remotes. the unit that was supplied to me was one of the few boxes that had a universal remote.