How many Airtel 3G 9 rupee packs can you activate in 1 day?

• Thread starter Thread starter gunturboy26
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 71
  • Views Views 76,133
Turned on again? so do we lose money from our account balance?

To avoid this, like i said, i will deactivate the pack at 29th minute or in 30th minute and activate the pack again.

By turned on again I mean after the time limit of data package is over the "H+" sign on signal bar disappears for 5 seconds and then appears again so you will know that your data package is over and you will be charged Rs.2 per minute after that so you can quickly turn off data connection.
You can try and let us know that how many times this package works in a day

Airtel 9rs pack doesn't work properly in AP circle

It worked, maybe because it was the 1st 9 rupee pack, i did not activate a 2nd pack.

By turned on again I mean after the time limit of data package is over the "H+" sign on signal bar disappears for 5 seconds and then appears again so you will know that your data package is over and you will be charged Rs.2 per minute after that so you can quickly turn off data connection.
You can try and let us know that how many times this package works in a day

As far as i can remember, i did not see the H+ sign on signal bar, just 3G was near the signal bar. And i think, it is 3p/10KB after 30 minutes.

Yes, i want to try this small pack, so i need not worry about how much i am downloading though i should keep an eye on the time i am logged in for.

So, nobody tried this small pack number of times, recently.

It worked, maybe because it was the 1st 9 rupee pack, i did not activate a 2nd pack.

You are lucky then, when i recharge 9rs plan thru airtel website/Paytm, it takes 8-9hours to activate this plan.....tried this at various places in ap /different sims, result remains the same.

@sahib....at Nagpur is telling the actual speeds ...1mbps (>1000kBps).I also get between 700-1050 kBps. (1 mbps is only fleeting and goes back to 800-950 kBps range)It depends on signal strength in your place and the traffic at that time.(iam using Galaxy Nexus 21mbps modem capable phone tethered to laptop)You have to understand these high speeds were obtained during early morning and not at peak evening hours. If you dont get more than 360-480 kBps ,then this pack is not that useful.I have never tried to activate immediately a second Rs 9 pack(AP) .I have done it after 7-8 hours once or twice. For this reason I have a battalion of prepaid 3G sims with zero balance used regularly for downloads only. They get magically Rs 9 charge+pack activated >downloaded +1.2 Gb in 30 mins. Then bang..Thank you Mam...gone for the day.Airtel web site /Paytm recharging Rs 9 pack does not work immediately in AP. sometimes 12 hours or even failed to work for the day and expired by midnight. Rs 17 -45 mins 3G pack in maharashtra ...not that bad for continous downloading.Try also Rs 46 pack (+- 1 or 2 rs in other states) for 1 hour in Idea 3G which is faster than Airtel 3G.

I have tried the 9 rs recharge 2 times on same day a few times and I did got the mins benefit for twice recharging i.e. 60 mins in total. But if you activate this pack on a given day and then activate some other pack which has MB limit i.e 100/300 MB then the same will reflect in ur data balance but You will be charged on Per/min basis till midnight instead of the data balance reduction.The same is with idea, I got about 120mins instead of 60 mins once i recharged my number after making a USSD activation request (both went through after sometime)For airtel 3G plans activation, I have found the MY AIRTEL android application to be perfect with the activation (with 100% activation rate within a few mins of request).The only problem that I face with this airtel 9 rs plan is that 50% of time (randomly) my 3G speed gets throttled @ 80 kbps (8-10KBps transfer rate) as soon as activation of this plan, and when I complain they simply lodge a complaint and have 1 typical answer "Our technical team will contact you as soon as possible". And by the next day the speeds are back to normal when I recharge with the lmited MB plan :confused_2:

You are lucky then, when i recharge 9rs plan thru airtel website/Paytm, it takes 8-9hours to activate this plan.....tried this at various places in ap /different sims, result remains the same.

I did the recharge through giving sms to 121 not through airtel website. Plan got activated in minutes.

sending 3G to 121 does not work?

It works, that is how i did.

@sahib....at Nagpur is telling the actual speeds ...1mbps (>1000kBps).
I also get between 700-1050 kBps. (1 mbps is only fleeting and goes back to 800-950 kBps range)
It depends on signal strength in your place and the traffic at that time.(iam using Galaxy Nexus 21mbps modem capable phone tethered to laptop)
You have to understand these high speeds were obtained during early morning and not at peak evening hours. If you dont get more than 360-480 kBps ,then this pack is not that useful.
I have never tried to activate immediately a second Rs 9 pack(AP) .I have done it after 7-8 hours once or twice. For this reason I have a battalion of prepaid 3G sims with zero balance used regularly for downloads only. They get magically Rs 9 charge+pack activated >downloaded +1.2 Gb in 30 mins. Then bang..Thank you Mam...gone for the day.
Airtel web site /Paytm recharging Rs 9 pack does not work immediately in AP. sometimes 12 hours or even failed to work for the day and expired by midnight.
Rs 17 -45 mins 3G pack in maharashtra ...not that bad for continous downloading.
Try also Rs 46 pack (+- 1 or 2 rs in other states) for 1 hour in Idea 3G which is faster than Airtel 3G.

I am not inclined towards using so many sim cards. But this idea sounds good. 4 sim cards, each at least 2 activations, 8x30 minutes sounds good. Can download around 2.4GB.

Good idea for downloading occasionally.

I have tried the 9 rs recharge 2 times on same day a few times and I did got the mins benefit for twice recharging i.e. 60 mins in total. But if you activate this pack on a given day and then activate some other pack which has MB limit i.e 100/300 MB then the same will reflect in ur data balance but You will be charged on Per/min basis till midnight instead of the data balance reduction.

The same is with idea, I got about 120mins instead of 60 mins once i recharged my number after making a USSD activation request (both went through after sometime)

For airtel 3G plans activation, I have found the MY AIRTEL android application to be perfect with the activation (with 100% activation rate within a few mins of request).

The only problem that I face with this airtel 9 rs plan is that 50% of time (randomly) my 3G speed gets throttled @ 80 kbps (8-10KBps transfer rate) as soon as activation of this plan, and when I complain they simply lodge a complaint and have 1 typical answer "Our technical team will contact you as soon as possible". And by the next day the speeds are back to normal when I recharge with the lmited MB plan :confused_2:

So 9 rupee pack works sure for 2 times. But my speed was constant aroung 180-200 KBPS with the pack.

I have activated a 9 rupee plan at 4pm but used only at 11.20pm. Got 2 messages from airtel after 25 minutes that i have used 80% and 90% of my allotted usage.
Disconnected in 30th minute, tried to deactivate from the data card itself so that i don't need to remove the sim and put it in mobile, i could only send sms to 121 but could not receive deactivated sms but got sms that deactivation will happen in 4 hours. Calling 121 worked though. My deactivation through data card was partially successful.
Tried again from mobile but just got that the same message that deactivation will happen in 4 hours.
I should have tried deactivating and then activating from mobile, looks like i made a mistake. Previously i deactivated from mobile successfully but this time i couldn't even do that, let alone activating for 2nd time. Will try again tomorrow and will tell how long should we wait to activate the pack again.
Looks like for now, having more number of sims is the only option for this 9 rupee pack.

ulysses said:
@sahib....at Nagpur is telling the actual speeds ...1mbps (>1000kBps).I also get between 700-1050 kBps. (1 mbps is only fleeting and goes back to 800-950 kBps range)It depends on signal strength in your place and the traffic at that time.(iam using Galaxy Nexus 21mbps modem capable phone tethered to laptop)You have to understand these high speeds were obtained during early morning and not at peak evening hours. If you dont get more than 360-480 kBps ,then this pack is not that useful.I have never tried to activate immediately a second Rs 9 pack(AP) .I have done it after 7-8 hours once or twice. For this reason I have a battalion of prepaid 3G sims with zero balance used regularly for downloads only. They get magically Rs 9 charge+pack activated >downloaded +1.2 Gb in 30 mins. Then bang..Thank you Mam...gone for the day.Airtel web site /Paytm recharging Rs 9 pack does not work immediately in AP. sometimes 12 hours or even failed to work for the day and expired by midnight.Rs 17 -45 mins 3G pack in maharashtra ...not that bad for continous downloading.Try also Rs 46 pack (+- 1 or 2 rs in other states) for 1 hour in Idea 3G which is faster than Airtel 3G.
In Nagpur theres no Airtel 3G...it works on Idea 3G or Vodafobe 3G spectrum i've used it myself...i donno why..airtel has listed 3G for Nagpur still it uses Idea or Vodafone and both those operators have consistent speeds in Nagpur...about 1Mbps download speed and about 9-10Mbps bandwidth...

2nd activation is not successful. Activated 1st pack today at 8.30, used at 12.30. Disconnected the pack in 30th minute, downloaded around 600MB. Meanwhile got messages again that i have 80% and 90% usage.
Deactivated the pack, and tried to activate 2nd pack but got this message.
"Your request for rupees 9 free 30 mins plan cannot be processed as your current free mb is more than 50MB. You can activate any 3g pack or plan only when your free mb balance is lower 50MB."
Anybody can tell me what that means?
Will wait for sometime and then try activating again.

sahibunlimited said:
Don't deactivate the pack on last minute, let the pack complete for full 30 mins
But, soon after the 30th minute, it will charge 3p/10KB.
Also, the disconnecting takes a few seconds after i click disconnect.

gunturboy26 said:
But, soon after the 30th minute, it will charge 3p/10KB.
Also, the disconnecting takes a few seconds after i click disconnect.
After 30 mins there will be a pop up saying that your data mins is 00.00 so you can go and disable data connection from your mobile