User Review: Micromax A116 Canvas HD

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 88
  • Views Views 17,756
Well, technically, not my phone. But, I guess that is not the point of discussion here. So, moving on..

i) Accessories - Headset, Charger .. Thats it.. Not that was expecting anything else.
ii) Played a few HD videos. No lag.
iii) There were couple of games - Played the cricket game. There was a slight lag. Dad wanted the games to be removed (as to keep kids away from his prized possession) , so helped him do that
iv) Photos looks good, but then I am not good at taking photos. But attached a couple, so maybe you can judge.
v) Sound is a little less, not bad. But I feel at max. level, it should be 30% more.
vi) Dont think they have added any Custom UI. Just some minor customization. Just a few pre-loaded apps apart from Google ones.
vii) Internet browsing is just fine. Downloads & especially Installation looks superfast compared to his old HTC Wildfire phone
viii) Used live wallpapers for a while & the battery drained like crazy. Back to normal wallpaper, but still it seems it drains quiet fast. Need to check if some app is causing a problem. But then, the phone is in use for the past few hours continuously.
ix) Price - 13990. Would say VFM. Delivery was quick from Snapdeal. Bought on Early hours of 14th & delivered by noon of 16th
x) @admin - No its not that thin, but quite similar to Galaxy Note if you can compare. And there is no one coming out of the phone in a ski as well.

Question on phone storage. I inserted a 2 GB SD card. And now storage shows

Phone Storage - 0.98 GB, 704 MB available
Internal SD - 1.77 GB, 1.67 available
External SD - 1.84 GB, 0.92 GB available

So.. What is the difference between "Phone Storage" & "Internal SD"

Also, do let me know if any specific queries.

Here are the photos that I took. I guess it shows that there is one career I cannot possibly switch to, if I want.

hmm but OP's phone seems to be working fine. Anyways I think micromax blew up its golden chance. There are now many phones with quad core processors.

Ordered one on 29th March, lets hope, they do not delay this time. :nonchalance:
Delivery information is -
Ships By: Apr 1, 2013
Delivers By: Apr 3, 2013

Crap, it may take 8-10 days delay in shipping 😛issed-off:
Order hasn't been shipped yet :nonchalance: , it was to be shipped on 1 Apr.

Oh yeah, got it after 9 days of booking, i guess.
Usage is fluid so far (not my phone :/ my sis took it) and she don't use any high end softwares/games.
However, there are many times it restarts automatically, thats a bummer.!

So finally buying this device tomorrow.... Price In Pune. Rs.12,900/-Any suggestions..??

Well, unless Micromax is your preferred option & price is rigid, you can however look at other options including but not limited to Lava Xolo Q1000, Spice Pinnacle HD Mi-525, WickedLeak Wammy Passion Z+, UMI X2, iberry auxus nuclea n1 etc

The only reason I never always recommend this is because it doesnt have HD, camera, storage, latest os. Battery is the HUGE plus, but that aside is there much reason to choose this? Personally, it IS in my list, but I would mention this only if battery is given as one of the choices mentioned as "Like to have" when giving a requirement.