• Thread starter Thread starter amish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 14,224
QUOTE(Amish @ Nov 15 2006, 01:22 PM) [snapback]68752[/snapback]
we, ourself will have to deal with same ppl whom
we (well ok, atleasr majority of us) always wished to get rid off. LOL
[/b]

Yaa only reason I am interested in IPTV (either through MTNL or throuh DTH dish) is to get rid of these pests. Waiting for clouds to settle and players to come up with regular packages.

^^^Thats what I mean, when we have waited for so long then its better to wait for another month and see what diff operators have to offer post CAS scenario.They will have to bring good packages to attract people towards their services. Right now people are least bothered but once CAS is implemented people will be forced to select either CAS/DTH/IPTV.....

yep implementation of CAS would only mean ppl migrating to new technologies like DTH or IPTV. Cable ops are going to suffer huge losses.

I agree with Amish, CAS doesn't mean that somehow your cable wallah miraculously becomes sophisticated and starts giving great service. I have had a stb from my cable wallah for a few months now (since he was giving it for free as a promotion to CAS), and the picture is a little better but NOWHERE near DVD quality. We get BBC with different audio feeds in the left and right tracks, and he has been unable to do anything about it. On top of that the programme information is often incorrect or incomplete.And STBs do not mean that there will be flawless quality and uninterrupted service, and that I can say from personal experience. The only good that will come out of them is the Electronic Programme Guide, and hopefully the ability to take only those channels you want.... and yes, it will open up more and more people to take up DTH or IPTV too, and this competition has been long wanted in this field.

QUOTE(vebmetal @ Nov 16 2006, 11:31 AM) [snapback]68886[/snapback]

And STBs do not mean that there will be flawless quality and uninterrupted service, and that I can say from personal experience. The only good that will come out of them is the Electronic Programme Guide, and hopefully the ability to take only those channels you want....
[/b]

True but the scenario after the CAS implementation will be a lot better and different. Cable operators just can't afford to persist with the "chalta hai" attitude. Once CAS comes into effect these people will be forced to provide quality service to the customers and i'm sure that the picture quality and service will be a lot better than it is now.

i know for one thing. ever since the DTH services were made available in my region... my cable dude has gone a lot polite. cable is still crap here at my place. but when i refuse to pay up before he fixes my cable, he tends to fix the problem rather than threatening that he would cut my connection.😉

thats chameleon attitude. keep changing colors. thats what we all dont like.if u be good in past all ppl will respect u even when they dont need u.but cable ops took advantage, we paid them whatever they asked forbut they didnt provide service we asked for. now with DTH ppl wontneed them, so no1 is going to care for them.just waiting for jan 1 when we all will get a proper scenario.

QUOTE(Amish @ Nov 18 2006, 07:53 AM) [snapback]69049[/snapback]
just waiting for jan 1 when we all will get a proper scenario.
[/b]

It's going to take at least 3 months from Jan 2007 for the picture to become clear. What you are forgetting is that CAS is going to be implemented only in the CAS notified areas of the 3 metros. The consumer forums need to actively pursue CAS implementation in all the areas coz until that is done we won't have a general idea.Besides platforms like DTH and IPTV are still far away from presenting a clear view.

Really looking forward to 2007 as the technological revolution is about to begin. 🙄

MTNL is now providing around 100 channels and they are in the process of adding more:

See the below URL

http://mumbai.mtnl.net.in/iptv/channel_list.pdf

The list of channels available:

No. Channel Name No. Channel Name
1 Star Utsav 58 Asianet
2 National Geography 59 Jeevan TV
3 Aaj Tak Tej 60 Asianet net
4 Nick 61 Asianet Plus
5 Star Gold 62 Total TV
6 Star One 63 TVC
7 Sony Ent. 64 TV5 Global
8 B4U Muzic 65 Vibe
9 Set Max 66 ATN Bangla
10 Star Vijay 67 Sangeet Bangla
11 Star News 68 Discovery
12 IBN 7 69 SAB TV
13 Star Movies 70 MTV Delhi
14 Star Plus 71 Travel & Living
15 History 72 Animal Planet
16 Star World 73 Discovery
17 Channel V 74 Ten Sports
18 DD India 75 NDTV 24x7
19 DD News 76 NDTV Profit
20 Aaj Tak 77 Al jazeera
21 Sahara National 78 TV5
22 Sahara NCR 79 Indus music
23 Sahara Mumbai 80 DD Kolkata
24 Sahara UP 81 DD Gujarati
25 Sahara Bihar 82 DD Chandana
26 Sahara MP 83 DD Malyalam
27 Kairali News 84 DD Oriya
28 DW-TV 85 DD Sports
29 Now 86 DD Bharti
30 Bloomberg 87 ETV Up
31 Indusvision 88 ETV MP
32 Sun News 89 ETV Rajasthan
33 Sun TV 90 ETV Bihar
34 Star Utsav 91 Sindhi TV
35 Tara News 92 KTN
36 ETC Punjabi 93 APNA Channel
37 Punjab Today 94 Rung
38 Balle Balle 95 Imayam
39 ETC 96 PTC News
40 SS Music 97 TWN
41 Sur Sangeet 98 TRT International
42 MTV 99 GOD Channel
43 G 100 FTV India
44 enter 10
45 Lemon
46 Zee music
47 Music India
48 Sanskar
49 Satsang
50 7 Star care
51 Sadhana
52 Assavatham
53 ETV Marathi
54 ETV Kannada
55 ETV Urdu
56 ETV Gujarathi
57 ETV Oriya

no ndtv 24X7, CNNibn, channel V, cartoon n/w or discovery these r some of my favs 🙁 🙁 🙁

no ndtv 24X7, CNNibn, channel V, cartoon n/w or discovery these r some of my favs 🙁 🙁 🙁
nope u r wrong.
only cartoon n\w is not available