Digitization to be rolled out in 38 towns

• Thread starter Thread starter zesahn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1,512

zesahn

ISP
Pace
As per the Digitization bill passed by the government- Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata & Chennai have undergone Phase 1 of digitization and the process of consumers upgrading from analog to digital will be spread over the next few months. Phase 2 will cover 38 towns. Prior, I wasn't quite keen on getting a set top box assuming it will involve a lost of process installing a Dish and plus the cost maybe much more than cable. Since I went through the first phase of digitization I thought of sharin my views and think it'll be helpful for others who will be covered in phase 2 of digitization. With digitization round the corner I decided to get a set top box anyways as I would be left with a blank TV screen otherwise. I wasn't comfortable of getting into a process of calling the DTH Co. taking an appointment fixing a date wait for them to come and get done with the set up, run around to pay bills monthly etc. Many of us similarly don't want to get into this whole process shift and as such will act upon things only when the need arises. But there is definitely a need to do some good research to get the right DTH set top box and benefit from digitization. It is infact a good move by the government and now I feel they should have implemented Digitization long ago. After conducting research I found it is a a very simple process and delivers call to action. All you need to do is just make a call and the DTH provider will get in touch with you and schedule a appointment for installation which is then processed max within 48hrs. There are various modes of payment, internet is the best imo. Over and above the process Television viewing experience is of a whole another level. The crispness of picture and stereo sound offers a good home theater experience. If you are from one of the 38 towns which will now be covered as part of phaze 2 in digitization, I'd suggest it would be good to get out the the interia and take a better step to enjoy entertainment to the fullest.

Even in my in laws house in MAdipakkam still they are receiving signals thru analogue....

Iam from hyderabad and my cable guy said that it would be implemented from april~may this year. He also said that he'll provide a hathaway set top box which would not require a dish on top of the apartments. gave him 1000 bucks and he installed it the next day. He said that HD set top box would be 4.5k bucks.

The CM had a meeting with the officials; state cable tv is not getting permission to start distribution. What next?

Still didn't happened at my place - CHENNAI - Is it no more a METRO??:grin:

Now all the small towners have to pay hefty sums to watch their favourite channels.TV and Cell phone,two things where people wont stop using no matter how expensive they get.