Airtel Offers Free Mccafee Internet Security Suite

ISP
BSNL
Just to spread this great offer with the users of airtel broadband.Airtel offers free MCCafee Internet security suite for Airtel broad band users.People who want to avail this software needs to login using their broad band id in airtelbroadband.in and get the software...

Who would want it? MCCafe Internte Security is no good.

donno abt mcafee antivirus but mcafee firewall is quite good..have been using it for quite sometime now

One thing i know is that i am unable to remove the logo of MCafee from my PC's control panel even after two years of removing the software itself!!!

QUOTE(gavnitsingh @ Nov 1 2006, 03:13 PM) [snapback]67381[/snapback]
One thing i know is that i am unable to remove the logo of MCafee from my PC's control panel even after two years of removing the software itself!!!
[/b]

you can do it through TweakUI. as for a free legit antivirus, i can recommend active virus shield.

Nice gesture, but Mcafee sucks a lot. I had legit fully paid 1 year subscribed versions of McAfee that came installed on my computers, but preferred to uninstall them and install Avast Anti-virus (free) instead....

This is a good move for the morons (and yes there are many) on Airtel who don't have up-to-date anti-virus on their computers... I hope that Airtel is smart enough to pass the message across to these very people.

If I was working for them, instead of paying god-knows-what they have had to Mcafee, I would just send out flyers with the next bill informing subscribers about various free (and excellent) anti-virus programs that are available on the net.

p.s. What is the source of this news?

QUOTE(vebmetal @ Nov 1 2006, 07:29 PM) [snapback]67392[/snapback]
This is a good move for the morons (and yes there are many) on Airtel who don't have up-to-date anti-virus on their computers... I hope that Airtel is smart enough to pass the message across to these very people.
[/b]

Yaa, Having up to date Mcafee is better then not having anti virus ot out of date anti virus.

Both Mcafee and Norton have excellent corporate versions. Can't figure out why they have to mess up their retail version to that extent.

iCandy iCandy iCandy iCandy iCandy iCandy iCandy iCandy iCandy iCandy iCandy iCandy iCandy iCandy iCandy iCandy iCandy iCandy 😛

Peepz, 1 more thing i want to tell here, the antivirus, airtel is giving for free, is available for download only for 24 Hrs in every 6 months...if you login using ur DSL id & password & download the S/w, ur session will remain for 24 hrs from the time u logged in to the site..after completion of 24 hours, u'll not be able to login again in that site for next 6 months...

Like I said, instead of doing all this you would be better off informing people about free anti-virus programs that are readily available on the net.