750 UL Combo Plan-- Upload Speed

• Thread starter Thread starter Kumaran Gp
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 11,163

Kumaran Gp

Hi guys,
I`m a new customer of 750 ULCombo.. Happy with the speeds as of now.. Got 1 Mbps upto some 15 GB.. Then got 2 Mbps for around 10 GB.. Now back to 512 kbps. 🙁

Anyway, My upload seems to be capped at around 256 which is useless for Skyping..Pls someone clarify what`s the maximum upload speed for the plan??

PS:
Also i looked up in BSNL Website to see any relevant info and got this..

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/9790/bsnl.jpg

So, I shud be getting 768 kbps max right??

Post your DSL stats.

Upstream DownstreamCurrent Rate (Kbps) 245 1999Max Rate (Kbps) 661 9292SNR Margin (dB) 18.1 27Line Attenuation (dB) 19.6 12.2Errors (Pkts) 0 0

I used to get 60 Kbps on same plan. Post modem status.

Upstream DownstreamCurrent Rate (Kbps) 245 1999Max Rate (Kbps) 774 10044SNR Margin (dB) 22.2 29.9Line Attenuation (dB) 22.6 12.2Errors (Pkts) 0 0

You are not going to get upload speed more than 256kbps (~30KB/s)Ask BSNL to change your speed profile and increase upstream data rate .

@nikhil, thanks for the suggestion.. I asked the JTO here in my place.He blatantly refused saying there is nothing he could do.. He said "We promise only Downstream Speed" and nothing about Upload..So can`t help.. He asked he to call some Regional NIB centre in Kumbakonam (0435-2524700).. They said "Only in fibre,We may get the above said 768 kbps" and not in the ADSL. They also said that ADSL technology Maximum is 256 kbps only????? LOL.. I don`t know what to do..When I contacted the JTO again, He said "I know just to provide connection and no more settings in it??????"What shall I do? Please guide me guys..

Upload speed of BSNL has been becoming consistently crappier with time. I used to get more than 500 kbps a few years ago and I increased my plan to 1700 too. But instead the upload speed has nearly decreased to only about 350-400 kbps. Right now my line is again bad as it happens many times every month when you need to bribe even the linemen. But even when it is fine, my upload speed is only about 400 kbps nowadays. I get nearly 30-40 KB per second nowadays through FTP etc. whereas it used to be around 60 KB p/s a few years ago. BSNL broadband lines, service, customer service and plans have only regressed with time. If there were some ethics still left a few years ago, it has become a complete sarkari wasted worthless company now. In Airtel etc. they provide 768 kbps on ADSL so that is a bluff from BSNL when they say about the uploads speeds being too pathetic only due to ADSL.

@iChaitanya, Thank you..I`ll try that..Meanwhile, i`ve raised the concern(a) by calling 1500 and getting a complaint number(b) by registering a complaint in mis.bsnl.co.in/pgs/internet/pgwebregn.asp(c) and by reg in pgportal.gov.inI`ll wait for a day or two and then contact Dgm as you told..

@iChaitanya, Thank you..I`ll try that..
Meanwhile, i`ve raised the concern
(a) by calling 1500 and getting a complaint number
(b) by registering a complaint in mis.bsnl.co.in/pgs/internet/pgwebregn.asp
(c) and by reg in pgportal.gov.in

I`ll wait for a day or two and then contact Dgm as you told..
That should fix it. Usually the DGM handles all complaints sent via (b). 🙂

@ichaitanya, Thanks,Regarding Results in all the above complaints,(a)1500 --- Today The lineman called me and asked me if i had speed problem..I told him about upload speed and that Line as such is alright.. He said he`ll talk to someone regarding increasing the port speed--I dont expect anything much will happen further..(b)mis.bsnl----- CASE IS YET TO BE FINALLY DISPOSED OFF BY CIRCLE HEAD OFFICE . FORWARDED TO CONCERNED UNITS/SECTIONS FOR TAKING NECESSARY ACTION. PENDING AT KUMBAKONAM HEAD OFFICE(c)PgPortal ----- Status as on 07 Feb 2013Date of Receipt : 06 Feb 2013Received by : Department of TelecommunicationsForwarded to : KUMBAKONAM SSAOfficer name : T.SIVASANKARANOfficer Designation : SDE PRContact Address : GENERAL MANAGER, KUMBAKONAM SSATHANGA VILAS BUILDING MAYILADUTHURAI ROADKUMBAKONAM612001Contact Number : 0435241400e-mail : pg_kmb@bsnl.co.in🙂

That should fix it. Usually the DGM handles all complaints sent via (b). 🙂

Everybody who is calling me from BSNL regarding these problems keep on repeating that I wouldn`t get beyond 256 kbps.. Each one seem to have a different opinion on their own.. Some opinions are:

1."As you are in unlimited plan, you will get 250 kbps only"
2."Your Connection is "ASSYMETRIC" You should get "SYMMETRIC"" LoLz
3."If you are close to the exchange, you`ll get more speed"

Irritating MORONS, they don even know what they are talking about.. Someone tell me what i can do further..