Planning To Switch Over To MTNL Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter Perryb
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2,455

Perryb

ISP
Airtel
Hey!I have been using Airtel BB for over 3 years now and never have I faced any issues relating to disconnections, irregular dl/ul speed. However, their FUP and reduction of speed to 256 Kbps is driving me crazy.Now that I am shifting my house, I am also planning to switch over to MTNL. However, my previous experience with MTNL has been really really bad and came here to know if they have improved or things like regular disconnections, irregular download speeds, etc still persist?Also, I reside in west delhi (near Pind Balluchhi). How's their service in that area?Any input will be appreciated. Thanks 🙂

Everything comes down to line quality at your place. Is this a new building/house?

Yes, The building is brand new construction. BTW doesn't it related to nature of wires in area itself rather than the building/house? Thanks for the reply 🙂

@x720 ot:longtime no see 😛@topic.The problem with sarkari co. like MTNL is lack of manners or lack of respect for the customer. I got a hands on experience of that from the guy who came for installation.2nd problem is in the nigh around 1 Am every now and then, atleast in my area the net goes offline and wont come back till 12 PM in the morning. So MTNL can't really be called as a reliable connection.

That's the whole point. I can't decided whether to go with MTNL, offering higher speed at cheaper rates or stay with Airtel with FUP'd plans, higher charges but consistent connection. Banged up comparison! Lol..

In most cases, the wiring from their junction box to the customer's premises is at fault, given the fact this is a new construction with new internal wiring, you can expect a fairly stable connection. @anant.delYep, been quite busy these days 😛 I don't see you too much around here. 😀Have you complained about your issue?

slight off topic, i wanted to go for iptv as dth has problem in my home for trees and buildings around. But mtnl guys asked me snr and Line AttenuationThe below stuff was rejected by mtnl iptv guys on first booking call itself.SNR Margin:35.7 20.5 db Line Attenuation:42.0 16.6 db Data Rate:2048 509 kbps

Attenuation is high. If they were to provide IPTV, they'd have to increase line rate causing a further escalation in attenuation resulting in a very poor IPTV experience. That's my guess.

Thats what they said. and then having said sooooooo much in details, I gave up of asking IPTV from themcurrently without any tv... will call tata guys again soon once the repairs are done on the walls

In most cases, the wiring from their junction box to the customer's premises is at fault, given the fact this is a new construction with new internal wiring, you can expect a fairly stable connection.

I am sorry but I still don't get it 😕

The building is new, yes. But MTNL must have laid down their cables well before that. How does the construction of building itself change the fact that their wiring is XYZ years old?

Thanks for the reply 🙂

@anant.del

Yep, been quite busy these days 😛 I don't see you too much around here. 😀
Have you complained about your issue?

hehe I am also getting pretty busy 😛

yup have complained to the SDM and their line man dept. they don't give SHT and call it usual maintenance.