Best Wireless Routers for Home Use?

BRO..I REQUIRED WIFI ROUTER SO THAT I CAN CONNECT MULTIPLE DEVICE AT THE SAME TIME.I m using local broadband n(Honesty net solution)....they provide single wire which directly plugged to the port behind..i m not that smart in computer terms..so dont know about adsl or basic router. my only query was wether i purchase wireless wifi router with modem or without modem.

vijaypathak077 said:
BRO..I REQUIRED WIFI ROUTER SO THAT I CAN CONNECT MULTIPLE DEVICE AT THE SAME TIME.I m using local broadband n(Honesty net solution)....they provide single wire which directly plugged to the port behind..i m not that smart in computer terms..so dont know about adsl or basic router. my only query was wether i purchase wireless wifi router with modem or without modem.
The one without modem. The one without ADSL will have one WAN port (RJ-45) and that's where your local ISP-s RJ-45 connector will go in. To name a good affordable home WiFi routers, I have installed and tested the D-Link's DIR-615 (Rs.2,000 approx) in many offices and houses and it does work well for them. But I would recommend Netgear if it's available to you 🙂 . I'm an Hardware and Networking Professional BTW.

Dont go for TP -Link because they have a very thin support base in India, if at all you require a replacement you need to run around. I got a DSL modem as well as TP Link 1043 ND router they work alright but i sent some queries( 3 times) to support id still no reply from them.

Strange, because I was having a problem with rebooting via telnet and I opened a support ticket on their website at 9 PM and they replied to me at 10 AM the next day with screenshots and detailed instructions on what to do? Did you email at support.in[at]TP-Link.com ?

I posted the queries in their website, let me try and send it to the mail ID.

you can try calling them if its urgent(though I guess you'd have to wait till Monday for that). This is what they wrote at the end of every email

For any Kind of Technical Assistance do Call us on toll free number 1800-209-4168 Between (10:00 to 18:00 Hrs -Monday to Saturday)

^^ a lot of people use the router for LAN transfers/video streaming and that's where higher speeds are needed. Plus, you never get anything even remotely close to the mentioned wireless speeds. you'd be lucky to get 5-7 mBps speeds on a 150 mbps router.

^^ a lot of people use the router for LAN transfers/video streaming and that's where higher speeds are needed. Plus, you never get anything even remotely close to the mentioned wireless speeds. you'd be lucky to get 5-7 mBps speeds on a 150 mbps router.

so which one to buy 150mbps or 300mbps?
1)what will be difference btw two....
2) i think range will be almost same for both of them