3G Prepaid Data plan for around New Delhi and Jalandhar?

• Thread starter Thread starter jagb
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 2,928

jagb

Hello I will be travelling to India for a month, and will have an unlocked GSM cellphone, would BSNL right the right carrier for use around Delhi and Jalandhar? I will be going to rural villages around Jalandhar and don't know what companies offer pre paid GSM Data plans in that province? I want a data plan to use Skype while i'm there, and use the internet. Also can you tether to computers from pre paid sim cards?Can I just buy a pre paid sim card in Delhi and use it? or Should I wait till I go to Jalandhar and try and get one? What stores can I buy a sim card from?Thank you in advance for any help.Jagdeesh

Hello I will be travelling to India for a month, and will have an unlocked GSM cellphone, would BSNL right the right carrier for use around Delhi and Jalandhar? I will be going to rural villages around Jalandhar and don't know what companies offer pre paid GSM Data plans in that province? I want a data plan to use Skype while i'm there, and use the internet. Also can you tether to computers from pre paid sim cards?

Can I just buy a pre paid sim card in Delhi and use it? or Should I wait till I go to Jalandhar and try and get one? What stores can I buy a sim card from?

Thank you in advance for any help........

You can not get sim and activate instantly anymore .
It takes 3-7 days .
Once you get the signal.you need to call a centralised telecom authority no and re confirm your name,DOB,fathers name and address.
To apply you need valid address proof and ID proof. Passport alone may not do.Local ration card/drivers liecence/voter id/bank passbook with photo & local address may be required.
If you do manage to get a 3G prepaid sim,BSNL 3G has maximum coverage in all District HQ towns. All prepaid sims allow tethering from your phone to laptop.
But Not all companies allow free data roaming.BSNL does.

Jagdeesh

Do all Companies take 3-7 days for pre paid? Is there anyone else I should use instead? I will be flying into Delhi, so I thought I could get one there.Thank you very muchJagdeesh