[OP]
Regulars
Oct 6, 2005
Well, dont kill the messenger!

gadgetcrazy

Regulars
Regulars
Aug 14, 2006
sale ye log private companies ke competiition ke bare mein nahin sochte kya?

boygr8

Regulars
Regulars
Apr 3, 2005
Maybe they dont want to become like Airtel.....which is giving unlimited plans but dont have the bandwidth to support them.Atleast they dont throttle ur bandwidth like Airtel

mtnlpacked

Back to NoS on Mtnl
Regulars
Oct 27, 2006
that guy made u Mamu.....Mtnl has already paid for the leased line wheather it uses or not .It's using vsnl line.Problem is there are lot of corporates in mumbai paying mtnl 60000 or trib a and trib b plan users.So don't u think that those user will switch to 999 a month .so it's a huge loss of profit.This is the reason the unlimited plans are still dream but who cares!Warning:- It's just what i feel.plz do not flame with my arguments.Am not posting nor going to read again this post hence it's pointless!see ya.

GSV13

Special Member
Regulars
Apr 14, 2006
The biggest problem is Competition Mtnl has 17.6 lakh buscriber in delhi(lost most of them to Airtel & Tata Walky and still decreasing) whereas it has 23 lakh in mumbai and are not dropping.I think it is mostly due to airtel present in 70% of delhi(posh colonies where revenue per line is max) whereas it has just started in mumbai!! Though hughes(tata now) wss present in mumbai it hardly made any diff as there main policy was to sell to huge corporate present there.

smartbuddy_82

Regulars
Regulars
Dec 4, 2005
When I questioned why delhi users are getting? Well, his answer was simple - "Sir, this is Mumbai. Not Delhi" ;) [/b]

Ya true, even they accept this, mumbai is a milking cow, milk as much as u want and loot .... :angry:

Since MTNL has only so much bandwidth it cant provide unlimited connections. He was like - "Sir, if we start giving unlimited schemes then we will go bankrupt within a month[/b]

Thats Crap talking from him. MTNL and short of bandwidth, haha :D

Problem is there are lot of corporates in mumbai paying mtnl 60000 or trib a and trib b plan users.[/b]

They don't use 256kbps connections dude. They require higher speeds as they have a network of computers and not single user. So there is no question of them switching over to 256/512 unlimited plans.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
They don't use 256kbps connections dude. They require higher speeds as they have a network of computers and not single user. So there is no question of them switching over to 256/512 unlimited plans.[/b]

airtel dude who visited my place told me that smaller companies are getting 10 lines of airtel 999 package to get combined bandwidth of 2 megs instead of getting a commercial package. its cheaper to get bandwidth this way than going for a bandwidth limited corporate package. do your calculations.

Maybe they dont want to become like Airtel[/b]

airtel atleast had the guts to launch unlimited package for decent prices.

they dont throttle their connection. you get the speed they promise. and they promise ATLEAST half the speed of upto 128/256 connections. if you get lower than that, they would come to your place to check and fix.

and they do not bother you if you use their packages to the max. i know coz we do that all the time and never have faced slower than usual speed. my speeds are constant. whether its the 1st of the month or the 31st.

Thats Crap talking from him. MTNL and short of bandwidth, haha[/b]

if they are already paying for the bandwidth and are not selling out the packages. they are idiots.

smartbuddy_82

Regulars
Regulars
Dec 4, 2005
airtel dude who visited my place told me that smaller companies are getting 10 lines of airtel 999 package to get combined bandwidth of 2 megs instead of getting a commercial package. its cheaper to get bandwidth this way than going for a bandwidth limited corporate package. do your calculations.[/b]

Thats new to me, never thought of small companies who do such tactics to combine bandwidth and save money, but isn't the unlimited plan restricted only for home users???

netfreak

Regulars
Regulars
Sep 8, 2005
QUOTE(Sushubh @ Oct 30 2006, 11:41 PM) [snapback]67255[/snapback]
airtel atleast had the guts to launch unlimited package for decent prices.

they dont throttle their connection.
[/b]

Are you sure about that? Download a 10 MB+ file from a decent edge cache network (e.g. Akamai). Do not use any kind of download manager and let us know if you get approx full speed. You should get 30 KBps on a 256kbps line.

QUOTE(Sushubh @ Oct 30 2006, 11:41 PM) [snapback]67255[/snapback]
if they are already paying for the bandwidth and are not selling out the packages. they are idiots.
[/b]

Overselling is not a good thing. And if you look at MTNL tenders for last 3 years, they are definetly not in a position to load their network too much. A conservative estimate of 12% utilization of bandwidth by current customers puts MTNL (AND Airtel and TATA/VSNL) in bandwidth-challanged category.

If you have access to Gartner's report on Indian ISPs for 3Q-FY06 then these numbers can be varified.

Reliance is the only Indian player with its own network (It owns FLAG). For others, Airtel is dependent on Singtel, TATA is dependent on external bandwidth sellers (including FLAG).

Airtel and TATA have their own "Gateways" but they don't have any presence in international bandwidth market nor do they have Level 1 or 2 or 3 peering status.