A Big Big Problem

• Thread starter Thread starter hotindia
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 5,374

hotindia

Regular
hello guys i am facing a big strange problem with my dataone connection.my modem is SMARTAX MT841the problem is that when i connect dataone and start downloading a file say about 200MB after 10-20minutes windows reports that "generic host processes for win32 cannot continue and has to close" and then the connection goes dormant and downloading stops.the adsl link is glowing but my downloading stops.the connection dosent disconnect but the act link stops glowing.i again have to restart windows and start downloading and again the same thing happens.what should i do now please help me as it is impossible to download any bif file.i am running windows xp service pack 2.i have formatted and installed windows 3 times but the same thing occurs again and again and i receive the same error message.

did you try talking to Dataone customer care? what did they say?

scan the system with antivirus , spybot & adaware .
there can be a trojan / spyware affecting your system ...

and in your add/remove programs (classic view) check if
you have this security update : Windows XP (KB823980)
if you donot have this , you may have to install it ( Link )

downloading the security update hope the problem resolvesi have already service pack 2 the security update cannot be installed windows is reporting the above

Thats ur windows problem not datone or modem.Check ur PC for virus,if windows doesn't restart try to start Gneric Host Process(svchost.exe) manually from services or using run command.

get autopatcher and try installing that for all the latest fixes... if nothing else works. try to get the installer cd for xp from some other source. and try to get one with sp2 built in.

i have clicked on run command and typed svchost.exe but noting happenswhen i am trying to install those updates windows is reporting that as i have service pack 2 built in i dont need those security updates security updates can only be installed on a system with no service packsif i install windows 2000 will this problem occur?

QUOTE(hotindia @ Oct 29 2006, 12:41 PM) [snapback]67073[/snapback]
i have clicked on run command and typed svchost.exe but noting happens

when i am trying to install those updates windows is reporting that as i have service pack 2 built in i dont need those security updates security updates can only be installed on a system with no service packs

if i install windows 2000 will this problem occur? [/b]
Run C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe,Check in ur Task Manager is SVCHOST/SYSTEM running.Now Run services.msc and Check for Services with Statup type Automatic and Status blank.Manually start all these services and then try to connect.

Install this Update Link

QUOTE(hotindia @ Oct 29 2006, 12:35 PM) [snapback]67071[/snapback]
no virus no spyware on my system checked

i have sp2 built in
[/b]

Windows is your problem. Get Win XP from another source & install ,preferably WITHOUT sp2 slipstreamed [since you are having problem with it]. You'll do fine.

Hey, Just for keeps.... I think u should download all latest patches from Micro$oft site...( if u have valid windows 🙂) if not then use autopatcher to update ur system. If I were u I would scan my system with different Antivirus like KASPERSKY, or Bit Defender or NOD32.if u want try online scanning from pccilin >> antivirus.houscall.comor symantec's online scan.-hope this helps.... Please post ur AntiVirus details and version of firmware on Modem.Agreeing with Imran ..... I will do a low level format..... of complete HDD.... just 'becuz I am panaroid.... 🙂 but thats foolproof way to clean ur HDD.-pranKster.

Rohin Bro, PM the XP key to that person, dont post it in public forum.If someone reports that key, even that key would become like FCKGW....BTW, I myself use Genuine Windows, hate piracy! 🙂