Building A New Pc!

• Thread starter Thread starter harry19
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 5,172
I highly doubt that u can get a core2duo and all that config in 35 k . If you are out of budget then maybe go for amd 3600 ( its dual core i think ) with socket am2 . Also get a good Asus or MSI board ( some of them has good inbuily graphic acceleration thus reducing cost ) . Minimum 1 GB ram recomended .

QUOTE(Sushubh @ Oct 29 2006, 06:38 PM) [snapback]67114[/snapback]
atleast the good thing is that ddr2 is cheaper than older generation ddr at the moment.
[/b]
Man, things are totally different at my place. Even 512 MB DDR price has gone up to Rs. 3500 from Rs. 2500 during the last month. And DDR2 is even more expensive. I can't understand how there can be so much price difference.

I'm looking to buy the same... is this the current price at Nehru Place or did you buy it from somewhere else?

(Also is there any good software which will tell me exactly what speed RAM I need without having to open up the computer and look for the sticker on the current chip?) [/b]

Try pressing the pause key when you computer is at the bios screen during bootup i.e. during post.. it should mention it there 🙄

in this particular case, smuggled ram should be cheaper considering you dont even need to modify it to run on your PC...

Have Q , can u slow down a 533 Mz RAM to 266 Mz, cause my MOBO doesnt support 533 , or would just pluging in the 533 Mz RAM into the slot work?

What benefit is obtained from smuggling RAM ?none..whatsoeverRAM, CPUs & HDs have *ZERO* import duty.The price fluctuations you are seeing are purely supply & demand. And thats normal everywhere.

There is something i found out here in chennai , u dont get a bill for RAM ,is this common all over india? 🤔

@krishnan normally the ram would work at the highest speed supported by the motherboard but the 533 mhz ram in not compatible with ur computer.. try to find 333 mhz i think that is the highest it can support.. or correct me if i am wrong.. and i assembled two computers.. one from chandigarh and the other from delhi and the bill for ram was included with both 🤔

i managed to leave out on the tft lcd screen. i spent 35k on the cpu. here's what i got;core2duo e63001gm ramlg dvd writer256mb geforce 7600gsd graphics160gb sata seagatei'm loving the speeds!

QUOTE(harry19 @ Nov 15 2006, 10:20 PM) [snapback]68810[/snapback]
here's what i got;

core2duo e6300
[/b]

how much did you have to pay for CPU+Mobo ?