Win8 - Entering genuine key after installing from unauthorised disk.

• Thread starter Thread starter Shree 420
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 5,050

Shree 420

Regular
Ok. One friend got **** disk 64-bit Win8 & installed. He liked Win8 so he went & bought genuine for laptop which was having Win7 OEM 32-bit 3 GB-Ram. 1 GB RAM failed so he got new 2 GB Ram. so total now is 2+2=4 GB Ram. But Win8 downloaded is 32-bit & is not recognising 4 GB Ram. Even full format & install doesnt work, shows only 3 GB. Laptop supports 64-bit. Windows helpline says buy DVD it will be ship with both 32 & 64 from which he can install. my question can he install from that *** 64-bit disk but instead of doing unofficial work, enter genuine key which he got when he install 32-bit. will it work. otherwise unwanted he needs to spend on dvd. also what if someone has genuine dvd & he installs using it and enters genuine key. will that work. friend wants to fix this ASAP. any help is good. thanks in advance.

First of all there only one build which is RTM and the build number was 7600.16****. Other builds that you found on internet are either preactivated or infected with worms or might even be pre release builds.If you meant different versions like starter,home basic,home premium, professional, ultimate, enterprise then in that case every key is version specific. Same is with windows 8 every key is version specific and channel specific but not architecture specific. Windows 8 can be activated by 3 methods.1. Online- Includes retail and Multiple Activation Keys2. KMS-- This is for the big companies3. OEM-- Is for the OEM manufacturers like Dell and HP.

thats what i said, I don't know if it is exactly the build number that causes the problem.So tell me in which category msdn keys come?

It was from torrent, untouched copy.

Did you verify the ISO with hash? And did you try to activate it after installing or did you try other things before using the genuine key?

Did you verify the ISO with hash? And did you try to activate it after installing or did you try other things before using the genuine key?

Hash with msdn or the torrent?

I directly entered the key.