MTNL IPTV: Iptv Mumbai Tariff Out!

• Thread starter Thread starter amish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 38,370
this is great news for mumbaikars....hope bsnl follows soon

Tariffs are still not clear for both mumbai and delhi !! Any way will wait!

What great news, all unclear tariff's and initial charge of 999 for mumbai people is so high...Also the channel list is so small only includes Star channels, no news channels also... 🙁

see this :

http://mumbai.mtnl.net.in/iptv/sys_requirements.pdf

MTNL Telephone Line and Triband connection (Broadband Internet of MTNL)
with multi port CPE/Modem. If MTNL has supplied CPE, MTNL will change it free
of cost. However, in case of CPE provided by customer himself, he has to arrange the
same if required ports are not available. Clarifications in this regard may be obtained
from 1504 under option 3.

I knew this would happen 😀

they mean that STB would be supplied freewith telephone, tv and broadband port?if not, then why do they have to change broadband modem?cant the line from 3way splitter go each to STB, broadbandmodem and telephone?strange.can some1 throw light on this? thanks.

does the resembles the having 2 splitter like one we already got with Router free,Does the job??Or we can go "Direct Port NOS oxide" like use the port of Broadband ??then it will be like 2 play instead of three play i.e either use broadband or tv or something like that.One more point dsl502t has a usb port too na .Does this saves it?

It seems that the STB doesnt have any ADSL modem built in.It has to be connected to the ADSL modem through etherne port to make it able to receive the TV channels.The ADSL modem has to be turned on whenever u watch TV .Since most of the ADSL modems doesnt have multiple Ethernet ports we cannot use internet and the IPTV at the same time.So they are replacing those modems with new ones that has two or more ethrnet ports.I dont know if an external multiport router could do the job.Your line will be made to receive 2Mbps dedicated for IPTV and same old speed for broadband internet.I think that they will make the local network between the CPE and the DNS server upto 2 Mbps and international and other networks as same old 256 Kbps or some other.Im waiting for IPTV from BSNL but some say they are launching it only after March '07 🙁

Happy Birthday Sundar Milo!! Don't feel sad about bsnl launch date as even after launch no one is taking mtnl iptv. We don't rely on there billing 😛 and i think everyone should wait for airtel to launch it then only try with mtnl.

Yes it should work with dsl502t. But I guess it wont work with USB mode and you will have to use LAN mode. And since dsl502T has only one LAN port, you might need a 4 port hub.

Iptv is provided by Aksh for mtnl in mumbai, which has a very poor service standard.Inspite of making innumerable complain on help line no of 126555, there is no redressal.MTNL which has such a high standard in customer service, has erred in partnering the wrong ally with Aksh. People should refrain from booking iptv service of mtnl-aksh since it has a very poor signal and wud be total waste of money.

sorry guys for digging old thread !!does iptv mtnl mumbai have HD channels?cant see anything on HD on iptv on mtnl website

Is anyone using this IPTV in Mumbai via Aksh ... please review it here... Tata Sky is giving me lot of problem on HD channels recently and looks very odd with two wires hanging in room. The dish does not pick signals of HD if a bird is sitting on it. Its bad now. any other options?