Mtnl Ip Tv

• Thread starter Thread starter anilsaxena
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 5,632
clear ur browser/proxy cache and check.tariffs are already out, check other thread in the forum.

Ya i saw on mtnl website!Can someone Tell me what's the multi port CPE/Modem. I have dsl502t router of my own.Plz don't tell me that i got to purchase now another router!

mostly by what i can makeout from mtnl statement is.. if u go forIPTV then u will have to replace broadband modem. (i dont know why)if u purchased ur own modem.. then u will have to buy new IPTV compatiblemodem.. if u took it on rent from mtnl.. thye will do it for free.not sure.. this is just my guess based on what they wrote.

No its not about IPTV compatible modem. Its because u require multiple ethernet ports in the router as one line from the router would be connected to PC and the other to STB.Since 502T has only one Ethernet port, MTNL would replace with some other router which has multiple ethernet ports free of cost if MTNL has provided u with the 502T.But if u have purchased the router (502T, or other router with only 1 ethernet port then u have to change it urself... 🙁)

2 ports, u mean 2 ethernet ports? Or u are talking about 1 USB and 1 Ethernet port?Donno much about UTStar so just asking...

mine is utstar.. 4 ports....btw in case its just port problem when modem does not havemore than 1 port. you can simply put modem in bridge modeand output of modem to say 4port switch. and then fromswitch 1 would go to comp and 1 to tv STB.. hopefully no needto buy new modem..i.e. for those who have own modem.

no MTNL on rent... but I am not yet going for IPTV. just waiting for CASand rates. thats when market will really heat up.

Can someone state the price of 4port switch .I am already using router in bridge mode.This seems a relif!

Before buying anything do enquire with mtnl babus else you are creating havoc yourself!!

I know, those babus don't know anything..... if u want a try just ask them where can i get Apple's showroom here ,I bet there answer will be chal be mamu/apple apne bhaji market me,bhaiya walla ke paas .lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.This forum is more reliable! Ppls here are nice and intelligent too.Besides they give logical answer that is compatible with my cpu.

QUOTE(MtnlPacked @ Oct 28 2006, 08:31 AM) [snapback]66905[/snapback]
I know, those babus don't know anything..... if u want a try just ask them where can i get Apple's showroom here ,I bet there answer will be
chal be mamu/apple apne bhaji market me,bhaiya walla ke paas .
lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

This forum is more reliable! Ppls here are nice and intelligent too.Besides they give logical answer that is compatible with my cpu.
[/b]

Since you have written ppl on this forum are nice, intelligent and logical, I am going to prove that you are not entirely correct (may be 99% correct), by asking a unintelligent and illogical question. I leave it to moderators of forum to blank out my out of context question which should not be in this thread, or members not to respond, as I am asking something stupid. My question is "What is the origin of word Bhaiya in Bombay's lingua franca hindi.

QUOTE(MtnlPacked @ Oct 27 2006, 10:24 PM) [snapback]66883[/snapback]
Can someone state the price of 4port switch .I am already using router in bridge mode.This seems a relif!
[/b]

buddy dont buy yet. i am just assuming that MTNL wants router with 2 port or more.
only in that case, my idea should work.

if there is other technical requirement (like signal frequency is changed for triple play)
then my suggestion wont work.