Shoddy and incompetent customer support from Reliance Metro Ethernet Broadband

Status
Not open for further replies.
I signed up for a 12Mbps connection 4 days back and the connection got installed 2 days back. The speed of the link is abysmal. 100kbps download and 70kbps upload as per Reliance Broadband's speedometer themselves.I call up their customer support and speak to a guy called Lokesh. Let me reproduce the conversation.Me: I've signed up for a 12Mbps connection and am not getting speeds beyond 100kbps.Lokesh: Go to Start>> run.. cmd and give ipconfig.Me: I'm using a wireless router.Lokesh: Please remove the router and connect directly. You will then get the speeds (Huh!!)Me: Can you explain to me why the wireless router should affect speeds?Lokesh: That is what happens.Me: Ok. I removed the router and connected directly, now what?Lokesh: open cmd window and give ipconfig /flushdns. Open browser and delte browsing history and cache.Me: Again, can you tell me how this will affect speeds?Lokesh: DNS will affect speeds that you get. ( Wow!!)Me: Are you a technical guy?Lokesh: Yes, I know networking. Please give ipconfig /renew and reboot the machine!!!!Me: I'm using reliance broadband's speedtest and not some external site and so all this should not matter one bit.Me: Can you see the DSLAM configuration and see if there is a cap on DSL speed?Lokesh: I'll log in a call and our technical guys will resolve the problem in 24 hours.This is the quality of support Reliance has. Downright stupid and dumb guys who know nothing of networking. God...

Are you seriously expecting awesome customer support from RCOM? 😕Contact their Appellate office. Don't waste your time with CC.

I do not awesome customer support. Being an erudite user, I want them to cut the spiel/crap and get down to solving the issues. Follow on events:a) Lokesh registered a complaint/case.b) An engineer lands up at my place and tools around for an hour, says it is a back end problem and that someone would call us up from their back end.c) I'M STILL AWAITING THAT CALL AFTER 2 DAYS.d) Their stupid process has someone call me for a Welcome Call!!! And that says he cannot solve any problem and can only log feedback. I told him I want a cancellation and refund. He says have logged, have a good day.....Such stupid canned responses - will a dissatisfied customer be wished so instead of giving an assurance that he could do something useful?

I'll repeat myself again - Don't waste your time with CC. Call this number - 1860-200-2011. Your issue will (most probably) be resolved. 🙂

iChaitanya i booked a new Fiber Connection with Rs.699 2 Mbps unlimited plan on 23rd Feb 2013 and m calling CC almost everyday for a new connection, they say they are putting my request on high priority and nothing happens neither a call nor a visit or something HELP !
Currently i am using Airtel which gives me 256 kbps and i pay Rs.1050 approx for this speed coz fup limit get used in 2 days only

^ Fiber? I think you mean Metro Ethernet (MEN).
I know how bs airtel is. Check your PM inbox.

This happens in every big company.
No one gives importance to each single customer. Customer care is there just to attend customers and they listen you and they just forward complaints to concern department.
Now job is given to that concern department which may be operating in your city. They will decide that they are willing to attend you or not.
But I don't like this attitude. If you cannot install or solve issue, at least let customer aware about that. So, customer can find another alternative. It is fair to keep customer waiting.
In conclusion, if there is a solution of issue, they immediately solve depend on work load otherwise you will be always put on hold.
No reliable ISP we have in any city. That's what we lack.
However, I must say they install pretty nicely unlike other regional ISPs. http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/15933-reliance-metro-ethernet-me-edp/ (too old taken in 2008)

psr_912012 said:
this is exactly what happens with me when i call these slags at reliance... the customer service sucks big time...[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Dear Customer, [/color]

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. This is to inform you that your concern has been noted. Please provide us your contact details such as Full name, Subscriber ID, and the type of Inconvenience you are facing, so that we are able reach you. Our team is eager to help you.

Cheers,

RCOMcare

RCOMcare said:
Dear Customer,

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. This is to inform you that your concern has been noted. Please provide us your contact details such as Full name, Subscriber ID, and the type of Inconvenience you are facing, so that we are able reach you. Our team is eager to help you.

Cheers,

RCOMcare
You use Airtel ?

Want to know something even funnier? The IP is on Pacific Internet India which I imagine is from Tikona?

psr_912012 said:
this is exactly what happens with me when i call these slags at reliance... the customer service sucks big time...
Dear Customer,

Cheers,

RCOMcare

Reliance broadband is so pathetic that even their customer care guys use airtel broadband as is evident from the above bot's "Broadband: Airtel" value. 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.