Microsoft Defender

Sheesh, those figures are crazy. Don't think i'll be able to upgrade. Even if i do manage it, it will slow down my machine like hell. There's gotta be a mistake there. What percentage of all the PC's would have that kinda configuration.

According to certain internal sources, M$ is banking on the fact that these specs will be common place by the time Vista launches and if not then they have host of other lower end GUIs that users can be content with 😉

so perhaps they are looking towards a 2010 launch window for vista? i really doubt people would be buying 1 gb ram by the end of next year on routine PCs.

easier on the memory? u gotta be kidding me. the rumors put the launch on November 29.

Windows Defender no longer supports Windows 2000
Microsoft’s free anti-spyware software Windows Defender no longer supports the vintage Windows 2000 operating system. It never supported the earlier iterations including Windows 98 or Windows Me.
The latest beta version of the security application expired earlier this week and users were told to upgrade to the final version available [...]

https://broadband.forum/archives/2007/0...ndows-defender/

anyone tried it? i do not have a pen drive yet. how does it work? can you update definitions on the disk? can you do it on the fly using the web? or do you have to build a new disk image to get latest definitions? 😛

In office rite now. Will try by evening on personal lappy. Till then if someone shares the experience it would be good.

anyone tried it? i do not have a pen drive yet.

how does it work? can you update definitions on the disk? can you do it on the fly using the web? or do you have to build a new disk image to get latest definitions? 😛
The same software can also update definitions on an existing install, initial downloads are 208MB. Didn't try booting into it.