Do i need to change iPhone's APN from default to www (unlockit.co.nz ??)

rak007

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Jan 10, 2009
Mumbai <--> Pune
I have an iPhone and vodafone prepaid connection. I have activated the 2G internet 99 Rs plan and it is working fine. Now as expected i cannot see or change the APN settings on the iPhone. But i believe the APN is supposedly "iphone". Now i want to ask if there is any need to change this APN to "www" by going to the unlockit.co.nz and downloading the profile ?Or i am good with this APN ?What more can the www APN provide me over the iphone APN ? If any ?

Technoholic

Regular
Regulars
Dec 4, 2009
Pune
Most probably you will need to change it. I remember I had to change it on iPhone 4 using Airtel GPRS. To add, its pretty easy to do so in iOS.

rodeoz

Mirror Cracking Material
Regulars
May 21, 2011
Delhi
I think (not sure) that Vodafone used to have separate data plans for the iPhone which were costlier. Don't think that is the case now. I didn't change mine and it worked just fine.

rak007

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Jan 10, 2009
Mumbai <--> Pune
Most probably you will need to change it. I remember I had to change it on iPhone 4 using Airtel GPRS. To add, its pretty easy to do so in iOS.

But i cannot locate the APN inside the iPhone when the vodafone SIM is inserted. I am sure this is deliberate and that's why people use services like unlockit.co.nz to change the APN.

pankaj

Meh
Regulars
Dec 7, 2009
Ghaziabad
I think (not sure) that Vodafone used to have separate data plans for the iPhone which were costlier. Don't think that is the case now. I didn't change mine and it worked just fine.

No separate plans as far as i know. You just need to send a SMS to 144 "ACT IPHONE". :)

But i cannot locate the APN inside the iPhone when the vodafone SIM is inserted. I am sure this is deliberate and that's why people use services like unlockit.co.nz to change the APN.

You can't edit existing APN on vodafone as of now.

rak007

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Jan 10, 2009
Mumbai <--> Pune
No separate plans as far as i know. You just need to send a SMS to 144 "ACT IPHONE". :)

You can't edit existing APN on vodafone as of now.

What will ACT IPHONE do ? I have already done ACT VL99 which has activated 2G on my phone.

Also there is a way to change, not the straightforward way but through unlockit.co.nz