International Olympic Committee suspends IOA

• Thread starter Thread starter amish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 2,493
Thank God!No more looting by these people till elections happen in a correct manner

Good that they suspended right now and there is enough time before next Olympics.

It's not only about Olympics. there CWG, asian games in between. so it would be detrimental for the athletes if the ban extends for more than 6 months.

IOC suspends IOA. Well earned suspension. Thanks to Politics. We are proud of IOA. 🙂Nobody would have dared speak against the corrupt practices in IOA. Only an international body can take such a step. I feel sad for the athletes though. And with the FDI agenda, I don't think much importance will be given to this matter in the Parliament.Deeply rooted corruption can be found everywhere. I wish ICC had the power to do the same with BCCI.

bcci does not represent india. it does not cost us anything. i think it's great that they manage their shit on their own.

Irony is that IOC didn't banned IOA coz of corrupt practices (which should have been the reason) but coz they implemented the govt sports code (which bans over people holding positions over 70 etc etc).Now sports code was and is a good thing. If IOC would have banned coz of people like bhanot getting re-elected it would have for a good cause

In case of BCCI the case is reverse. BCCI can arm twist ICC and not the other way.