• Thread starter Thread starter Saurav
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 2,295

Saurav

Looking for BSNL Broadband substitute
ISP
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited
What video converter would you suggest to convert a video file to DivX format?

handbrake.frhmm. looks like they have discarded support for divx. me bad.i used to use total video converter few years ago. not a free app though. daniusoft media converter ultimate i have used personally. again a paid app.

Thank you, trying 🙂Is Pavtube Video Converter good?I require a converter to convert a video file to play it on my LED. mp4 would work I think?

don't know about Pavtube..I use Aimer Video Convertor Ultimate, this does convert to DivX- Not free, but you know how you can get it free :crazy1:

check if your player support any of the formats that handbrake can export to. it is an open source solution and very recommended.

ffmpeg rocks!!

Xvid4PSP, the best out there. Needs .net though. Handbrake is pretty cool too, but they dropped support for xvid long back.

Will read and try the applications.

Could a tell a little more about the format/codec your file currently has ?

My file is in the .avi format and I want it to convert it to DivX. 🙂

if you don;t mind asking which century are you in ?? !! support for Divx has been dropped nearly on converters since mid 2000 !! if it's an avi file then it is an xvid [ again a outdated codec] any standalone player can play it without converting it , if you want it it done then VDUB or convertxtodvd might have support for Divx, though i really doubt it.

May be the 20th century, my bad. I do not get into technical stuff like I used to, so I am not keeping track of all these things. I want to play a video through USB on my LED TV which supports DivX only.

Yup a lot of tvs and DVD player only support DivX by default. Proprietary format bullcrap.