• Thread starter Thread starter boygr8
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 2,160

boygr8

Regulars
ISP
MTNL Broadband
I am from Delhi and have been using Sify for the past 3-4 years. Initially i was furstrated a lot but now for 1 year or so service has improved a lotbut seeing MTNL is giving installation for free(the Diwali/Id offer) , should i go for MTNL Triband. It is giving waiving Rs 1300. So does that mean I have to start paying with monthly 590 plus modem rental plus taxes or are there another hidden one time charges.I am currently on 1 GB /256 kbps plan of sify. I usually get 32 KBps download using single connection w/o using a download manager. But sometimes speed fluctuates a lot.My main concern is I should get somewhere above 26-27 KBPs constant without any download manager and without any speed fluctuations . This is bcoz I need to view live streaming videoAlso how much does to come to monthly total in 590NU plan. Also does speed drop coz of line noise.

there should be no hidden cost.abt speed.. do not expect 32kbps but yes 25-27 is normallyguaranteed. speed and connection might drop because of noiseas well as parrallel lines. but splitter should cure parallel lineproblem.i am in mumbai but then things should be same there.

Yes Indeed there are no hidden charges if you already have a voice line with Mtnl becoz installation is zero for BB only not for new Tel line. As you are in delhi so would be synced to 288kbps for dl and 256kbps for up so getting a constant 28-32kBps is no problem.Monthly in 590 will come to 590+80(modem rental)+voice rental(nil if you currently use your home line with mtnl else minimum is 99Rs)+12.24% service tax+xtra usage if 1Gb is crossedSpeed may or may not drop depending upon line condition & many other factors.

thanks both of u for ur replies.One thing i wanna ask that is like I am currently on landline plan 250 which gives 60 free calls. now is this Rs 250 included in 590 or will my bill be like 590+80+250+ extra calls+taxes

It would be [590+80+250+extra calls (if any) + extra MB's (if any)]+ service tax = Final bill.But Triband is the best and if not more u should atleast get constant download of 26kbps without any download managers. Sometimes u even get 30-32kbps! 🙂

Speed is not a problem with Triband. In fact after having used VSNL I can easily vouch that the speeds with MTNL are wonderful. But I would warn you, If by some misfortune you are one of those that face some or other problem with your connection due to line fault or some other then you can be sure that you will have to keep atleast 10-15 days aside to keep running to various officers and the lineman to get the fault rectified(If it is ever rectified )The speed that airtel and vsnl give you are a little less but the connections are much more stable and support services are atleast present.

vsnl / airtel is more stable?!! no i dont think so.vsnl support?!! go and check tata indicom forum and u will find right answer.

u are comparing stabilty of MTNL with any other ISP and that too Airtel?? hope u are not on drugs... 😛Most stable ISP today is undoubtedly MTNL and about customer service yes its bad but u dont need it because rarely u will have problems with MTNL...So whats the use of having descent customer care when ur connection itself is like airtel or Tata?

hope u are not on drugs...[/b]

have u ever been an airtel broadband customer?

not myself but very close friends yes, and they left airtel pretty quick...Their feedback and also constant complaints read in various forums makes me conclude that Airtel does not have good service as of now...

LOL nothing compared to airtel CC(i have a corporate mobile connection) and its BB plans are awesome trying for more than year but not available in my area!!